Chapter 2

Eira's POV:

I was running as fast as I could, without looking back. I was terribly scared, my heart was thumping against my rib cage as I was lacking of breath. There was a feeling of remorse settled in the corner of my heart and I didn't want to know what I did as I entered into my apartment building. I strolled through the hallway, hiding myself in my oversized hoodie as I wasn't in an appropriate condition and getting everyone's attention would be the last thing I want.

I swiftly entered into my apartment to avoid any type of questions raising towards me. However, no one was awake about that hour, but still my scared soul wasn't doing any good for my abruptly running heart.

Closing the door behind me, I went to the bathroom to clean up the mess I did to myself. My hands were shaking as I turned on the tap. I held my hands out under the flowing water to wipe all my sins from the outside for now. The water didn't take a second to change its color from transparent to blood red. The bloody water was whirling in the sink before going down the drain. My heart was skipping a beat in extreme fear and I rubbed my hands hard trying to get rid of all the blood from my hands.

My gaze lifted up from my now clean hands to the mirror. There was a different version of me standing with a sinful past, fear in her eyes and guilt in her heart. Tears started to form in her eyes, so I splashed some water on my face, trying hard to force back my tears.

I exited the bathroom just to get my heart burst with fright at the sight of a man sitting in the right corner of the room. I froze, I could literally feel the heartbeat in my throat. But I wasn't letting any emotions to crawl my face because that wasn't the first time. The man was wearing all black, It seemed like some kind of a silhouette. I wasn't able to figure out his features as his hoodie was covering his entire face as usual.

There was a moment of silence before he uttered a few words, "Did you do it?" His voice hoarse and deep which gave me chills up to my spine. I couldn't say anything because of the shortening of breath, so I just nodded in response, and I closed my eyes to steady my running heartbeat, which was on a verge of popping out and falling down to the ground. As soon as I opened my eyes, he was gone, just vanished into a thin air.

___*___*___*___

Vote and Comment 🙃