Chapter 8

Eira:

I stepped in through a slightly open window. Darkness was creeping all over the place, the only light which helped me find my way was of the street light across the house, coming through the window, was lit enough for me to get my job done. Silence was lingering all over the place, but I was as silent as a calm air.

Any small mistake could trigger the risk of me getting caught so I had to be careful in any way. I walked to the kitchen and grabbed a knife, well that was the easiest thing to get. I went to the specific room by opening the door slightly and pushing myself in. It was quite dark in that room, unlike outside, but I was able to make out the figure laying on bed. I took light steps to get myself to stand by the bed, pulling the knife out of my pocket, my hands started to tremble slightly, I took a moment scanning the body before I stabbed the figure hard ignoring my shaky hands.

A girl winced in a holler of pain, causing me to look at her in extreme shock. I just stabbed the wrong person. All of a sudden a male figure straightened up on a bed, turning on the side lamp. "Eira!?" Caleb's eye's widened when his eyes shifted from me to Amy who was cladded in blood. Without wasting any more second I pulled the knife out from Amy's back and dug in deep into Caleb's chest. I stabbed them multiple times until their bodies were no longer moving an inch.

Without wasting any more second I made my way out, as soon as I stepped out of the house I ran. I ran until my feet couldn't carry me anymore. I came into my senses and my heart started beating impulsively, giving me zero chances to catch some air. What did I just do? I just killed my bestfriends? Amy wasn't supposed to be there? But she was, and I killed her. Caleb's parents must have been out of town that's why Amy was there. Millions of thoughts were making their way towards my mind, making me to shed tears endlessly as I was running out of their neighborhood.

I was there to erase Caleb from our lives, the third wheel between me and Amy. Our friendship was falling apart because of him. But my obsession cost my childhood friend dead, who wasn't meant to be. My eyes were filling with tears by the thought of what just happened seconds ago. The lights of the neighborhood started to light up, must be due to Amy's agonizing shriek. I hid myself under my oversized hoodie and ran in the shadows until I was out of that area.

___*___*___*___
Vote and Comment 🖖