/03: I Get (A) Shot

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" I protested, back away slightly. "What are you doing?"

"Ev, it's just a needle." Addy said gently.

"You guys know how much I hate needles!" I freaked out.

I steadily got to my feet, trying to ignore my pounding headache. I took a few stumbling steps backwards, trying to get away. Leo sighed and walked away

"Everly, it's okay." Addy said, standing up. She gently took my arm.

"Addy, let go."

"Ev, it's just a pinch, and it's fine."

"No!" I whined like a little child. The headache was getting harder to ignore. I was already so groggy and disoriented that a simple blow to the head would be enough to know me out.

Addy helped me into a sitting position, still clutching my arm. "Daniel get over here!" She called.

Daniel came over to us. "What?"

"I am not taking that needle." I said before Addy could speak.

Daniel shrugged. "I'm sorry, Everly, it's just standard protocol."

"Screw protocol."

"Everly, you're disoriented and delusional. In addition to this being mandatory, for our safety, you need this as much as we do. You need to rest and relax."

Daniel sighed and gently took my other arm. Addy gave a nod to Leo and he came back. He crouched down to eye level.

"It'll be over in a few seconds, okay?" He said.

No!

That's all it took for me to break from Addy and Daniel's grasp.

I did a handspring backwards and kicked the needle out of Leo's hand.

"Hey, Everly!"

I got to the needle before Leo. Grabbing the syringe, I quickly crushed it under the heel of my boot.

"Hey, I needed that!" Leo complained.

I lashed out at Addy, who was the closest to me. I spun around and kicked her stomach, sending her flying a few meters. Daniel rushed at me, aiming for my head. I waited until the last second before I moved. I caught Dan's wrist and jerked his arm into a twist. He let out a small cry. I jabbed my elbow down on his arm... it bent the wrong way.

"Ow, jeez, what the heck?" Daniel yelled.

"I'm sorry, just..." I stuttered over my words. "Just stay the heck away from me!"

There was a small movement behind me. I turned around and drove my foot into Leo's pride.

He stopped and collapsed to his knees.

"Okay, you don't want the needle, message received." He muttered defensively as he keeled over.

I was about to kick him again when someone suddenly tackled me from behind.

"Ow!" I groaned as my head hit the pavement. I turned over and kicked whoever it was off of me. Addy faced me and readied her stance, her face set in grim determination.

"Everly, please stop. This would've been over already." She said. Her eyes flickered to something just over my shoulder. A small movement, so slight I almost missed it.

Before I could react, there was a sharp jab in my neck, like a pinch. I staggered back a little and a gasp escaped my lips. Behind me, Leo pulled the syringe out and caught me as I fell.

I let out a strangled whimper as everything around me faded to black.

---- ----

Hi! Sorry this chapter is so short, I originally had more planned for Everly but it was too morbid and it couldn't write it properly in the long term, so I cut it out. Sorry. Just think of this as a part two for last chapter. I promise things will progress in the next two chapters. Anyways, have a great life!