/11: I Survive a Shopping Spree

"Everly, get up."

Why? Mom, it's so early!

Wait.

Where am I?

I peeled my eyes open and immediately hissed in displeasure. Addy looked at me.

"What?" She asked, confused.

"The curtains are open." I grumbled into my pillow.

"What are you, a vampire?"

I turned over and looked at her. "Tell me something, Addy, is my skin sparkling? Do I look like Edward Cullen to you?"

Addy rolled her eyes and smiled. "Just get up. Dan's taking you shopping."

I shot up, my eyes wide. "What?"

Addy gave me a winning smile. "Oh, you know. Leo and I went shopping yesterday. Since you two are going to the party tonight and you both don't have any dressy clothes, I asked him to take you to the village so you two could shop together."

"And he agreed?" I asked.

"Immediately."

I groaned and fell back into my pillows, searching for their comfort and protection.

"Get up!" Addy said earnestly, tugging on my leg.

"I'm just going to borrow your crop top and wear my skinny jeans." I groaned in response.

She sighed and stopped. "Fine. But I told Daniel to come in and get you in ten minutes, whether you're ready or not."

I bolted upright. "What?"

The only other sounds were Addy's three inch platform pumps clicking across the hardwood and the sound of the door closing.

Great. Just great.

Heaving a dramatic sigh, I dragged my lazy butt out of bed and slid open my drawer. I picked out a few clothes and headed for the bathroom.

As soon as I turned on the light I jumped. I stared at the mirror, slightly spooked. Staring back at me was a pale girl with eyes more sunken than the Queen Anne's Revenge. Her dark hair was a rat's nest, littered with tangles and split ends. I sighed and set down the clothes.

The first thing I did was scrub my face. I applied a brush of blush and a touch of lip gloss to make me seem more alive and less dead. Then I attacked my hair. It fought back valiantly, but I defeated it with a volley of forced brush strokes.

Once I was satisfied that I could pass for a decent human being, I changed into my clothes. I picked out a simple outfit; Black tank top and a white skirt, with black ballet flats to complete the look.

I sighed and stepped out of the bathroom. Waiting by my bed was Dan.

"Uh, um," he coughed. "Uh, good morning, Everly."

"Good morning to you too, Daniel." I said with forced politeness. I could tell he felt awkward about last night's hug. I sighed. "Daniel, I just wanted to thank you for trying to make me feel welcome again."

He looked at me and gave me a small smile. "You're very much welcome." He extended his arm with a dramatic flourish, a gleam in his eye. "Shall we, Lady Everly?"

I giggled and grinned, happy we were back to normal. "Of course, Lord Daniel." I looped my arm in his.

==== ====

"What about this one?"

"No."

"This one?"

"No."