/14: Vin Diesel Becomes Our Gym Teacher

"You're not hung over, so stop acting like it." I scolded Leo.

"Okay, fine. Killjoy," he muttered the last part.

I rolled my eyes. "We start training today. I didn't get the letter, so I have no idea what's going on. I just want us to be ready."

"It's okay, Everly." Daniel said, coming out of his room. I glared at him.

"You were supposed to be awake half an hour ago!"

"Why are you telling me? Addy's still not here!" He countered, taking a seat at the desk-like table.

I groaned and went to our room. I opened the door to find Addy sitting on her bed, looking at two pairs of skinny jeans.

I crossed my arms and huffed. "Adessa, we're going to be late."

Addy looked up. "I need to be dressed properly for this." She said simply and went back to looking at her clothes.

I walked over to her bed and sat down. "What do you mean? Aren't we just going through the regular subject today? Like language, and science," I paused and shuddered. "Math?"

Addy looked at me and shook her head. "No, today we started training. Like, actual training. They're going to either pair us off or into little groups and they're going to test our physique. You're going to need to wear something else." She motioned to my outfit, which consisted of a skirt and long sleeved shirt.

"Okay, fine. But please come and eat. Lessons started in an hour."

"Got it."

==== ====

"Training and combat lessons are floor five." Addy said, looking at her map. "If we go now, we'll be the first Coterie there."

"Okay," Leo started. "But why do we want to be the first Coterie there?"

"Because first impressions are good, Leo." I responded.

"Okay, but why?" He muttered.

We walked through the large living room. It was kind of a mess; Chairs were pushed out of place, opened bags of chips were littered around and the plastic cups were everywhere. Just as we were about to leave the room, I heard a voice.

"Everly."

I turned around to see Asher walking up to us, still in his pajamas. It looked like he just got up. I stopped and waited for him.

"Asher, hi." I greeted him.

"So, um," Asher put his hands in his pockets. "Uh, you look... nice, today."

I looked down at what I was wearing. I picked out a simple outfit; Fitted black capris, fitted black tank top, hair up in a messy bun. Simple.

I raised an eyebrow. "You think I look nice?"

Asher turned a slight shade of pink. "Um, not that you don't always look nice." He shook and his lightly and sighed. "Look, I just wanted to say that I had a great time last night. You're fun to hang out with, fun to talk to, and you're a really good dancer."

I smiled and blushed. Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw Addy ushering Leo and Daniel out into the hallway.

'We'll wait for you outside!' She mouthed.

"Um, thanks. That's really sweet." I replied, evenly, trying to match his tone. "You're also a fun guy."

"Thanks," Asher chuckled. "I was, um, I wondering if, you know, you would want to try it again sometime."