chapter ten

[the l word]

aaliyah pov!

"so..we finally not single?" kayla looked at me, and handed me the mask bottle.

"nope" i scrunched my nose, and begin to put it on my fingers.

"okay so...how are you and jake?" i started to put on kayla's masks.

"jesus your short" she laughed.

"i know i know, but my question" i said mentioning it again.

"well it's been amazing, and we both haven't rushed into things right away. so, i'm scared to when we are gonna say the l word" she snapped her fingers.

"ah, me too. now i'm scared on if imma say it or he is. you think this is gonna be a real official relationship?" i asked.

"well if you mean real, you mean goofy" she smiled. she begin to do mine.

"yeah, but is it gonna be like, where your into a few months you guys kiss, then you guys begin to say ' ily ' and all that, like that?" she smiled.

"they gonna be goofy still" she said.

"yeah, yeah. don't get a head of yourself, aaliyah" i said to myself in the mirror. she laughed.

"we can't laugh it's gonna break" i said, i played music, because we finished up talking. knowing it'll come up again.

kayla started to film on snapchat, me dancing to the music. we posted snaps, and insta stories. the guys knew we were gonna spend time together.

"has mikey texted you?" kayla asked looking down at her phone.

"no why?"

"jake hasn't either" she shrugged.

"maybe because we are gonna spend all day with each other" i looked at her.

"yeahhh" she laughed.

"let's watch netflix" i smiled.

"yay!" she said, and we ended watching big mouth, with some disney movies they added on there.

"this is gonna hit like a bitch" i yelled trying to take the mask off. there was tears coming outta my eyes.

kayla was filming me, as i tried covering the camera, and then yanked the mask off.

"fuCK" i yelled. kayla begin to take her's off like it was nothing. i was shook that it didn't hurt her.

"lemme yank it off" i said, and she nodded her head. i filmed on snapchat me just taking off half of the mask.

"that hurt" she said, with tears on her eyes.

"sorryyy" i extended the 'y'

we finished up, and we decided to make some popcorn, and finish up the movie.

"let's go buy some snacks, and be vsco" kayla said.

"okay" i smiled. i put on mikey’s hoodie, i recently stole from him, and got a scrunchie from kayla’s velvet scrunchies. i put on my vans, and we got into kayla’s jeep.