Chapter - 1

***************************************

Hi Guys!!
Sayang here.
Nice to meet you all!!

This is my first story on Wattpad.
I hope you will enjoy it and don't forget to give your feedbacks. They are what encourage me to write the most.

I have Edited Chapter 1 and 2 to make the timeline of story simpler.
The story of Mayeng ❤️ Ayasha is Chapter - 1 now while Blek ❤️ Tika are Chapter - 2.

***************************************

The weather was bad today. But she had to keep her promise. Every new moon, in the dark cover of night, she went into the forest to meet her lover. On the mountain between their village, there was a lake. Surrounded by the forest, she had heard the crystal clear water, reflected the perfect sky at night and it's beauty enhanced even more.

Alas, she herself had never seen it. She couldn't risk it. Sneaking out in a night that wasn't all dark, she wasn't brave enough to try. And so she had made the promise to her lover, to meet by the lake every new moon. He had said, he won't leave until he sees her. He would wait for as long as he has to.

It was few years ago, maybe two when he had visited her village. The chief of his clan wanted to meet the chief of her clan, her father. They met in her courtyard, it was a big affair, so many people had gathered, and the discussion went on for hours.

She wasn't the kind to be locked into a room for long. She was too quirky and playful ever since she was a kid. She stood on the small chair in the room to reach the high peep hole. She wasn't allowed to enter the courtyard where the meeting took place but she was too curious to just sit back. As soon as she reached the hole and peeped through it, her eyes met the young man standing next to the foreign chief.

He was tall and handsome but what struck her the most was the serene expression he had. He seemed calm and composed. In the midst of such crowd where every face was either tense or scared or filled with rage, he looked so calm that it almost felt disturbing.

And then he looked up towards the hole in the wall, where he had felt a movement. For Ayasha, it was love at first sight. The moment their eyes met, she got pulled into their grey depth. She didn't even realize that she was constantly looking into his eyes while he was watching her. He looked at her motionless too. But he held a blank expression, he neither showed a smile of approval, nor an expression of dismissal.

The meeting didn't go well, and the attempt to end the rivalry between the two clans, living in villages on opposite ends of the mountain, was futile. The man left with the chief and other men.

She often used to wander around the mystical mountain. It always attracted her, the feeling of freedom she got while running into the meadows, sitting on the bridge dipping her feet into the cold river, or reach it's peak and look at the vast expanse of blue and green. The mountain had various spots, all special and beautiful in their own way. And she liked discovering them.

One ordinary day, she was in the meadows collecting flowers when she saw him again. He was sitting on a rock. Even from a distance, she could tell it was him, the man she had given her heart. When she came near, his eyes fell on her too. He stood up and went near her, to her surprise, he recognized her instantly. He gave her a formal greeting on his knees, and introduced himself to her.

It was the first time she heard his voice. It felt so soothing to her, she wanted to wrap herself into it and let everything go. That day, they talked for hours and hours, until the sun set. They shared their childhood stories, their love for the mountain, their family, their general idea of life, the rivalry between their clan. He loved to travel and so told her about the places he had been to. Both were mesmerized with the other, and decided to meet again.