Chapter Eleven

Our sensei was late. Again. This obviously wasn't a surprise to the likes of myself but it seems my team still hasn't gotten the memo that this was going to be an everyday thing....

I sat on the railing of the bridge attempting to pretend that I didn't know the group of idiots that was my team glaring menacingly at each other. It was ridiculous really, I didn't even know what it was about this time but like sensei being late, it seems to be a regular thing.

"Naruto, stop glaring at Sasuke!"

My eye twitched.

Ignore them.

"What's so great about that bastard!"

My fist clenched.

Ignore them.

"Hn."

Eye twitch.

Ignore.

"See, it would be better if you just stop Naruto. You're annoying everyone!"

Rapid eye twitch.

Ignore.

"We I'm going to prove I'm not annoying little brat, I'm-"

A vein throbbed in my head.

Ig-

"See you're-"

"SHUT UP!" I slammed my hands down on the railing and I'm sure I looked like an angry beaver.

Team seven stared at me fearfully as I foamed at the mouth with annoyance. Luckily, seeing me actually show that much emotion seemed to shock even the ever king of loud mouths into silence.

I sighed in peace and looked up to the sky thoughtfully. I was getting really restless in this village. I had always been adventurous, of course I loved the peace my home always seemed to be in but it was boring. When I'd been roaming there'd always been challenges and adventure, hardship even. I longed to run free again, always on edge, never knowing what would happen next or when I'd die....but than again, out there I'd never had anyone to really watch my back. I had team seven but I wasn't sure how long I'd be able to handle the mundanes of the Genin missions we'd been getting. It was sad that the mission with Zabuza had been the most exciting thing I'd done since I'd arrived back in Konoha.

My thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a certain extremely perverted, very late sensei. "Hi guys," He waved and returned his hand to his pocket nonchalantly. I rolled my eyes and smirked slightly as he easily riled up the rest of the team. Morons, they'd get killed with such quick tempers.

"YOU'RE LATE!"  Sakura and Naruto exclaimed. I rose an eyebrow and wondered why I felt like I've heard that before.

"Oops, sorry, I got lost on the path of life." He replied casually. "Anyway, we've got missions to be doing." He looked at me. "Oh, Ai, you're suppose to go see the Hokage, you're not going to be with us today."

My temples throbbed and I asked defeatedly. "So then why did you have me wait here with these certified dumb asses?" My shoulders slumped.

He shrugged. "I forgot."

I picked up my finger ready to chew him out then dropped it shaking my head. I turned and started my trek to the Hokage's tower.

I did ask for something more challenging in a way, I couldn't exactly complain. I hoped I would get a mission, particularly an A or B ranked one. Hell, even a C ranked one would be better than the Ds my team and I were always doing!

I was half way there when I ran out of things to ponder. It seemed like it was taking forever to get to that stupid tower! I never remember-.....

I stopped in the middle of the path and scrunched my eyes closed.

"DAMN IT! THEIR IDIOCY IS WEARING OFF ON ME!"

I ignore the scared and strange looks I received and made a sign.

I poofed away.