Home

Ah Si could truthfully say that in this moment in time, he was the most relaxed he'd been in a long while. It was late at night, and he was lounging in bed with his girlfriend, who was curled up beside him, peacefully sleeping. As he looked at her still form, the Daoming heir felt his heart give a longing pang. During their time apart after Daoming Feng had blackmailed Shancai into leaving, Ah Si had felt lost without his love by his side, and he had thought that his heart would never be whole again. But she'd come back to him, and this time, he was hellbent on making her stay, he had missed her too damn much. Daoming Si knew that Dong Shancai was the only woman for him, and he didn't think he'd survive his heart being shattered like that again. He reached out to tuck a stray lock of ebony hair behind the sleeping girl's ear, before moving his hand down to run his thumb over her full lower lip. Luckily for him, Shancai didn't rouse, exhaling her warm breath on Ah Si's fingertip. He leaned forward, pausing when his forehead touched hers; he so badly wanted to kiss her.

One kiss should be okay, right? Ah Si wondered as he hovered over his sleeping girlfriend. Before he thought it over too much, he closed the gap between them and kissed Shancai. When he pulled away, a slight pang of guilt washed over him. Was it unfair of me to kiss her without her knowing?, he thought as he slightly leaned away from Shancai. Truth be told, this hadn't been the first time the Daoming heir had stolen a kiss from the unsuspecting younger woman. When he'd returned home from London, he'd spent the night at Shancai's, sleeping beside her in her room, which was more than he'd dared hope for, even if she'd made him sleep in a tiny cot. He remembered that when he'd woken up in the early hours of the morning and seen Shancai asleep beside him, he hadn't been able to resist the urge to press a soft kiss to her lips then, either. It'd felt right then, as if he was washing away whatever remained of the memory of her kiss with Lei. It was just one kiss, he thought, that's all.

"Ah Si?" Shancai called, her voice startling the Daoming heir out of his train of thought. "S...Shancai, why are you awake? It's late," Ah Si said, not looking at her. Shancai ignored his question, instead asking one of her own. "Did you just kiss me?" she queried as she sat up, cocking her head to the side. "What? N-no," Ah Si stammered. Shancai giggled, causing Ah Si to turn to shoot her a halfhearted glare. "What's so funny?" he demanded. "You're such a bad liar," she snickered, "You're as guilty of stealing a kiss now as you were then."
At that final sentence, Ah Si's eyes nearly bugged out of his head. "T...then? You knew I kissed you when I spent the night at your house after I came home?" Shancai nodded, "I thought it was a dream at first, but a part of me knew it was real." Shancai touched her fingertips to her lips, blushing slightly. "It felt too real to only be a dream," she added. Ah Si gave her a small, sheepish grin as he said, "I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't have done that." Shancai shook her head, "No, you shouldn't have," she agreed, "If you wanted a kiss so badly, just say so, no need to steal kisses," Shancai's blush deepened as she added, "I was awake, anyway."

Ah Si's eyes narrowed at her words. "If you were awake both times, why didn't you say anything when I kissed you?" Shancai's cheeks turned a deep red as she stuttered, "N-no reason. Never mind that, just go to sleep." "Bullshit," Ah Si said as he pushed Shancai onto her back, pinning her by the wrists to the mattress. "Hey!" Shancai squeaked, "Let go of me!" "Could it be that you wanted me to kiss you?" the Daoming heir teased. "S...so what if I did?" Shancai stammered, her eyes darting away from the older man's face. Ah Si chuckled, "You didn't have to pretend to be asleep for me to do that. You could have just said so." Shancai blushed, then challenged, "Then aren't you going to kiss me?"
"Gladly," Ah Si said before capturing her lips in a searing kiss. "I love you, Ah Si," Shancai whispered against his lips when they broke apart.
"I love you too, Shancai. Forever and always, I'm yours," Ah Si replied, squeezing Shancai in a tight hug. "Now let's get some rest." Shancai nodded as she cuddled up to him.
As sleep washed over the couple, Ah Si only had one thought, this is home.
Author's Note
What is this?
-monicacantwrite