Baby of mine

It was shocking to say. Mr. Bigweld knew what humans looked like due to there being prehistoric pictures of them still existing in museums.

But seeing a living human was different.

Those old pictures of no-longer living people had nothing on what mr. Bigweld was witnessing.

The female scientist who had finally convinced him in allowing a human to exist in their world held out the small bundle, whispering to the giant 'bot.

"Be gentle, human babies are more fragile than a normal baby, they can get hurt if you hold them in the wrong way."

Mr. Bigweld held the tiny, fuzzy thing, looking at its tiny hands making a fist.

"L... look at it... it's so small... and pink!" He quietly exclaimed.

"For now, but I think later on in life, it will be a different color."

The baby's face twitched, shifting a bit in the blanket before settling down without opening its eyes.

"What... is it?"
"A human?"
"No, no, I mean, is it a girl or boy? ...does it even have-"
"It's a girl."
"Oh."

Bigweld never took his eyes off of her, feeling a subtle urge to cover her, as if to protect her.

"We are currently building a habitat for later on when it is old enough to walk. We may-"
"I will watch over her."
"Sir... I'm not sure if that is wise..."
"Why not?"
"Well... right now it-er-SHE needs to be raised here until she is strong enough to not be watched over 24/7, at least until it is 2 months old. I also don't think it is a good idea to have her raised by you as you are a busy man, and you are very famous. We do not need unwanted attention towards her, sir-"
"I do not see a problem as she will be with me 24/7."
"With all due respect sir, she- well-... at least let us raise her until she is a few months old. We want to at least monitor her heath."
"Deal."

He looked down as a 5 month old stared up at him with her wide, (e/c) eyes.
He would visit the lab everyday after that day when he first held that child. He couldn't understand why he wanted to hold the child. Maybe her round cheeks or the way she scrunched her face together. Maybe it was the soft, fuzzy arms or the way she held his metal finger when he would wiggle it at her to see if she would respond.

He didn't know, but he didn't care.

The now 5 month old sat on the floor, moving her nearly bald head around, trying to find her binky, not realizing it was in her pudgy hand.

"Well... what do little ones like you like to do?" Bigweld said in a nervous joking manner as if trying to break the ice.

The baby stared back up at him in wonder, nearly falling backwards from trying to stare up at his face.

"Well...?" He said before sighing.

It's a baby. Other than it being a human, it is no different than any other infant.

"Ba!" She exclaimed, lifting her hands up, only to fall back on a soft pillow he was given by the scientists. She looked at him with unblinking eyes full of curiosity.

"Don't hurt yourself kid." Bigweld said, acting unamused before cracking a smile at the baby.

"Da!!!"

Bigweld held both of the child's hands, trying not to roll over her as she started walking, albeit like a drunk person. Her once bald head now held some curly, feathery pieces of (h/c) hair, seeming to bounce every step she took.

"There we go kid, just like that!" He exclaimed, almost rolling over his daughter's feet.

The baby let out a laugh, nearly stumbling with each step taken.