Chapter 2 ~ Trenton's POV

"Same as you, Miss Marilyn." I smiled, placing my hand on her wings. She shuddered and stood up, flattened her dress, and walked over to another girl with long beautiful blonde hair. I think her name was Emmy or Emily.

        Had I done something wrong? I could've sworn that was Mary. I stood up and followed her over to the blonde.

        "Oh, hi, Trenton." She smiled. Marilyn whipped her head around and stared into my eyes. "I see you've met Marilyn." The blonde's eyes went behind me to my wings. "I also see you both have the gift." She giggled and left me and Marilyn standing in the corner of the Gymnasium.

        "I'm sorry if I said anything to offend you Marilyn." She stayed silent and still. "Mind if we sit down? Your feet must be killing you." The corner of her lips turned up slightly as she walked past me, back to our previous setting.

        "How do you know who I am?" She asked harshly. I looked down to the floor. She doesn't remember. "Remember what?" We were 7. You snuck out of school to meet me by the lake. I tested her gift. "You must have the wrong girl."

        "The wrong girl with blinding wings and eyes that can read minds and-" she cut me off

        "I'm the only one. I always have been. You shouldn't be here. What are you doing here? Where were you before this? How'd you run away?" she threw so many questions at me I could barely hear her think. Don't remember, Mary. If you remember, you'll never stop.  A voice told her.

        "Stop what?"

        "Get OUT of my head!"  She screamed, putting her hands over her ears.

        "You want to remember me. You just won’t let yourself." I proceeded. She kept her hands over her ears and started screaming.

        "GET AWAY FROM ME!!!" I stayed put.

        "Calm down Mary." She stopped, and looked to me. Her eyes were sullen, like she hadn't gotten enough sleep. She let me back into her thoughts, and they took me some place I haven't been in a very long time. I felt myself fall to the floor. My vision was gone, I was now entirely inside her mind.

        A little girl laughing, running away. A little boy, a bit bigger than the girl, was chasing her. The boy caught the girl and tackled her down to the ground. He wrapped his arms around her like a cage and flew. The boy flew with Wings spanning already at 8 feet across. The girl screamed through her laughs. "Put me down, Trent." When the little boy didn't land back onto the ground, the little girl unfurled a matching pair of wings of her own, hers already the same length as the boy. "Come back here Mary!" The boy yelled over the screaming wind. "Never!" she squealed, flying faster than any bird anyone had ever seen.

        I awoke in Nurse Delia's office. Mary, The Blonde, and some boy were all huddling around me. For what reason, I have no clue.

        "I'm so sorry, Trent." Mary smiled at me sympathetically.

        "It's fine Mary. You just caught me a little off guard is all." I looked to my left to see the young nurse putting a needle in my arm. I shrugged it off and reverted my attention back to Mary. "I missed you, you weirdo." I laughed.

        "I missed you too, freak." she laughed, taking a hold of my hands. I saw a tiny droplet slip down her cheek, stopping at the corner of her lip. I released my hand and gingerly wiped it away. She blushed and looked down at the very interesting floor.

        "Do you know when I can get out of here?" I asked annoyed. The IV tube tickled my forearm. I yanked out the IV, feeling nothing.

        "Do you know what room you're in?" She asked me. I thought back to two days ago. 113 . "That's just across the hall from me. You can leave this room now. I'll take you back to your room."

        "Thanks, Mary." I realized all the others surrounding me had left, leaving just me and Mary once again.

        "I go by Marilyn now."

        "I will never in a million years call you Marilyn." I smiled and stood up. She walked me all the way to me room, just like she said she would. I expected it to be a little intimate, but she stayed at least a foot away from me the entire walk.