Chapter One

Calvin W. Allison: When a man is at his weakest is where he will find the greatest opportunity to become his strongest.

I was walking around the "Blacks section" of the town with Petey, Big Blue, Julius and Rev, the five of us just chatting about football and life

"So, Hudson. How was the land of the kangaroos?" Blue asked, wanting to know more about where I came from.

I never really talked about Australia, because I had way too many memories, good and bad with more of them being about my parents, about that place.

"It...it was good. I miss it. I miss all of it. There was barely any hate towards people of a colour that wasn't white in the area I lived in, and my parents weren't ridiculed for being the way they were." I spoke, my voice dropping off at the mention of my parents.

I turned, and noticed that the guys had stopped in their tracks. I raised an eyebrow, asking them why they stopped without using my words.

They all caught up to me, and we all walked in time with one another before we all realised just how late it was starting to get. We all said our goodbyes to each other, going our separate ways.

I continued walking around the whole town aimlessly, not really having a destination in my mind, until I turned onto the street my house was situated in. I didn't really take notice of where I was walking until I bumped into someone.

"I'm so sorry about running into you, Miss. My name's Alan Bosley. What's yours in case we run into each other again?" He apologised.

I had absolutely no idea what to say, as I normally avoided contact with everyone else in this town, besides my small friend group and Mrs Hendrickson. Mrs Hendrickson was the lady that owned the little shop just around the corner from my house, and I would always get served by her every time I went to her store to get my groceries.

Bonus is she's a nice old lady. I walked into her store with Blue once, despite his protests, and she didn't kick Blue out for being himself.

"Hello? You okay?" Alan asked, snapping me out if my daze.

"I...uh...I have to...to go." I stuttered, stepping around Alan, but he grabbed my arm, stopping me from moving any further.

"Is everything okay? You seem a bit frantic," he asked.

I ripped my arm out of his grip before replying. "I would be okay if you hadn't bumped into me in the first fucking place, asshole!"

I instantly walked around Alan and to my house, a little bit quicker than usual, and I slammed the door shut, hoping that guy didn't follow me back home.

I looked through a window, and let out a sigh of relief when I saw that he hadn't followed me at all. Next time I see that "Alan Bosley" kid, shit will probably get awkward as fuck, even if there are a lot of people around us when we do see each other again.

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter. The next ones I'll try to make longer than this one. Credits to the creator of the outfit at the start.