Chapter 4: Just for money

I wake up to find myself in my room wearing the same clothes last night. No sign of Carter. I look at the clock and it's already 8 in the morning. As usual, back to our routine. I step out of the bed and get ready for work. I check my phone to see what my schedule for today and what I see in the news feed on my social media account is me and Carter spotted yesterday. The pictures shows Carter carrying me while smiling and looking at me. That man really knows how to act. I know he's just doing this for show but still feels nice when seeing the man you love looks at you that way. But what will Nat think when she sees these photos? I'm sure Carter is already explaining everything to Nat right now or maybe I'll just ask him?

 But what will Nat think when she sees these photos? I'm sure Carter is already explaining everything to Nat right now or maybe I'll just ask him?

I drive all the way to Carter's company. Their company has many lines of businesses including the entertainment industry. That's probably one of the reason I got many projects since I'm Carter's wife. Since I don't have anything on my plate right now, I want to visit him and ask how he's explaining everything to Nat.

I enter the building, the receptionist didn't stop since it's all over the news that I am his wife. Though I can't shake this bad feeling by the way she looks at me. I walk to the elevator and press the floor to his office. When the elevator door opens, I notice his secretary is not in her desk and I hear voices from Carter's office, there's a woman talking. I open the door slightly to hear how Carter is explaining everything to her.

"How could you do this to me?! I waited patiently for you and don't tell me you're falling for her?" I hear Nat shout. Looks like I came in just in time. No wonder the receptionist gave me a worried look.

"Look it's just nothing. We both didn't go to work yesterday so we just went to the park. Of all people, you should know the reason why I hate her." Carter shouts in reply. Wait, why would he hate me? What did I do?

"I know. I'm sorry. It's just that, this situation is stressing me out." Nat says in a sad tone.

"You know that she only married me for her Grandfather's hospital bills. She's just after my money. Soon, I already talked to father for our divorce, let's just wait a little more and we'll be together." Carter responds.

I couldn't bare to listen to anything anymore. It just breaks my heart to know that's how he thinks of me. Even if I'm not touching his bank accounts and I'm earning for myself still, he thinks of me as a gold digger. I run to the elevator and my tears starts flowing. No wonder he treats me badly ever since we got married. Aside from ruining his relationship with Natasha, he thinks I'm after his money. I just go straight home and lock myself in the room.

I just can't help thinking when is he going to discuss about our divorce? I can't divorce him because in our contract, his father proposed that I need to pay Grandfather's hospital bills before proposing divorce which I only read after signing it

I just can't help thinking when is he going to discuss about our divorce? I can't divorce him because in our contract, his father proposed that I need to pay Grandfather's hospital bills before proposing divorce which I only read after signing it. I just started my career, I haven't saved up enough money yet. So he has the advantage to propose divorce anytime. I wonder what's keeping him too long. I received an e-mail, another part in a movie. This time, instead of being the female lead, I'll be the sister of the female lead. Great timing, I need to save up for the divorce money to do us both a favor. I always thought our marriage will work out despite having a rough start but I guess I was wrong.

I haven't seen Carter for 5 days already ever since that day I witnessed they're conversation with Nat. Right now we're shooting the movie. I never did a kissing scene in my previous movie, it was easy since my role was just a treasure hunter looking for the Lost City of Atlantis. This movie however requires me to kiss the male lead since my role is seducing my sister's male lead. Honestly, I'm not really comfortable with this kind of role but I need the money for the divorce. It just sucks to let go of a person you love so they can be happy with someone else.

The crew calls my attention to start to shoot the scene where I'll be wearing a lingerie and enter the male lead's room.

Unexpectedly, I hear someone say "Good morning, Mr. Davis" my eyes widen as I was about to exit the room covering my lingerie with a robe. I walk out the door and I bump into Carter.

"Good morning." I say while I grip tighter to my robe. What is he doing here? Don't tell me I'm going to shoot this scene with him watching?

"Good morning. Did you have breakfast already?" he asks and I widen my eyes, so shock why would he ask me this kind of question. When I was about to answer, Michelle grabs my hand and drags me to the crew.

"Alright, so everyone is already in their positions, action!" the director shouts.

I enter the room and see the male lead and starts to approach him then I take off my robe revealing me in a red and black lingerie and sit on the bed. It's a bit awkward to act this scene but I don't have a choice. So I come close to the lead and start to kiss his shoulder while my other hand caresses his other shoulder when the director shouts "Cut!" I immediately separate from the lead. I put on my robe and ask the director what's wrong.

"Nothing. It's just that we need to change something." the director hurries to leave. I suddenly feel strangely awkward.

"Let's go home. I hear a voice behind me that startled me. I turn around to see Carter giving me a deadly stare.

"Huh? But I still need to work" I protest.

"Now!" he shouts at me angrily enough for people to hear and all people in the room are looking at us. What's he mad about?