Chapter 6: Introducing Ariel

Mr. Davis and Ariel will be home next month. I'll just have to start earning money before the arrive. Now that Carter is going to talk to Mr. Davis about the divorce, I'm sure that the divorce money won't be needed. I'll earn enough money for me and Ariel to go abroad.

I'm sure that all of you are curious  who Ariel is. She's my daughter. Our daughter. Carter doesn't know that he is Ariel's father. The only people who knows is my Grandfather and Mr. Davis. That's probably the reason why he's using my Grandfather's hospital bills as an excuse to have me marry his son. Ever since Ariel was born, I never asked anything from the Davis. Mr. Davis knew about it when Grandfather was rushed to the hospital. I begged him not to tell Carter since him and Nat were already dating. Mr. Davis respected my decision but still pushed with the wedding. 

I was 22 when Grandpa had leukemia and I was 20 years old when I gave birth to Ariel.

One night, Carter came home drunk. I was awakened by the sound of his car. Mr. Carter is on a business trip while Grandpa is out visiting  a friend. I opened the door and found Carter barely standing. I assisted him to his room. As soon as his head hit the bed, he laughs.

"What are you doing here Nat?" he asks with eyes half opened. I didn't respond, I don't want to ask his personal affairs. "Andrea, everywhere I go, I always see her face. In fact right now, I'm seeing her face. In fact right now, I'm seeing her face." he mumbles. Maybe they had a really bad fight.

I took off Carter's jacket and he cooperated despite his drunkenness. The next thing happened took me by surprise. He kissed me out of the blue. Every girl dreams of having her first kiss with a boy she's in love with. Everything happened so suddenly and I didn't have the strength to resist him.

 Everything happened so suddenly and I didn't have the strength to resist him

I was awaken by dawn. I decided to walk back to my room. I pick up my clothes and cleaned everything without leaving any evidence I was there that night. I don't want Grandpa to find out what we did. I avoided Carter a few weeks after that. I saw Nat always coming to the house and it looks like Carter didn't remember what happened and I decided to drop everything that happened. After 3 months, I found out I was pregnant. Grandfather knew who the father is as soon as I told him I'm bearing a child. He respected my decision for raising the child alone.

Carter and Nat announced to everyone about their relationship to the public, I mean to both of their families. I stopped studying to concentrate on taking care of Ariel.

After our wedding, Mr. Davis decided to bring Ariel to England so that me and Carter can have the chance to have the house to ourselves. I know he's doing it hoping that me and Carter will hit it off. I really didn't want to disappoint him but here we are now...

"Andrea!" Michelle shouts at my ear so loud that feels like my eardrums exploded. "I've been calling you ten times already!"

"Huh? Did you say something?" looking at her with a blank mind.

"I said, Michael is coming home. He wants to hand out with us. You down?"

"Really?! Of course! I haven't seen him in years." I say in excitement.

Michelle scoffs and smiles "The last time you saw him was that day you broke his heart." Michelle adds.

"I'm sure he's moved on already. Can we not mention that? We've been emailing and everything is good." I smile.

"Wait, you've been emailing each other? Wow! He emails you while I'm his sister didn't hear not one word from him?!" she rants.

"Anyway, where are we going? Tonight, right?" I ask.

"To a bar something. Make sure that your husband won't be at home so you won't get into a fight."

We had fun dressing up at my house

We had fun dressing up at my house. It's better that shopping at the mall to be honest. We're on our way now to the bar where Michael asked to see us. Good thing that he is offering to pay, this is the most expensive bar in town! We walk inside and walk to the bar where the bartender is at.

"I'm just gonna go to the ladies room. Michael said to order anything you want, he's on his way." She says while I sit in the stool and before she leaves.

I'm wearing a red dress with an open back. I don't want to wear this in the first place but Michelle insisted since red best suits me she says. I ordered a Long Island Iced Tea. Just as the bartender hands me my drink, I feel a person leaning behind me. His chest leans on my back. It's a man.

"I missed you

"I missed you." the voice says sending chills down to my spine. I know this voice. I turn around and Michael's smile flashes my eyes. I return his smile before hugging me tight.

"I missed you too." just as soon as I place my head on his shoulder, across the dance floor, a very familiar face with angry pair of eyes locks into mine. Carter is here.