Chapter 8: Carter's reasons part 1

How come out of the blue, she talks about divorcing me? I know for the past 2 years of our marriage, I've never been the perfect husband for her but despite that, I've been a perfect father figure for her daughter. I hated her for having a child with another man but I didn't hate her daughter. Ariel is innocent. I tried so hard to catch her attention through treating Ariel as my own daughter but I fail. Every time she calls Ariel during playing with me, she doesn't even look at me.

 Every time she calls Ariel during playing with me, she doesn't even look at me

A few years ago, I was at the library looking through books on how to confess. I know everyone will think I'm lame but I know girls love to read that old fashioned love letters so I took time to read so I can compose a message for her.

I've been in love with Andrea ever since I saw her picture in one of her grandfather's wallet a few days before she arrived here. I was so thrilled to hear and sad at the same time when I knew that she'll be living with us because her parents died. Because of my feelings for her, I'm so shy to talk to her and I would just ignore her. So anyway, I was at the library and I found a good book. I sit by the chair near the window to read it when I saw two people in the garden. I look at them and recognize Andrea with another boy, they were hugging. The boy separated from her and lifts her chin up and bringing his face closer and closer to Andrea's. I turn around not wanting to see what will happen next.

Because of my heartbreak, I got so drunk with Nat. Natalie and I were friends since our younger days but there's nothing going on with me and her. I only see her as a little sister. So we had beers that night and I cried and cried. The next day, I don't remember how I got home. All I remember is I had a dream, a dream where I want to stay forever. Andrea and I were making love. I know it was a dream cause though I woke up naked at my bed, I didn't see anything odd in my room. I decided to call Nat to know what happened.

"What was the last thing you remembered?" Nat asks.

"Well, I had a dream or at least I think it's a dream. It just felt so real. Andrea and I were making love." I respond with a smile on my face.

"It did happen." Nat says which confuses me. "It happened but the thing is, not with her." she adds.

"You mean, we – we did it?" I stutter.

I immediately hang up the phone. I can't believe it. How come it was her? I always see Andrea's face last night. I just feel so lost right now but since Nat sounds like she wants to give us a try, so why not? Andrea got her happiness so why shouldn't I have mine right?

 I just feel so lost right now but since Nat sounds like she wants to give us a try, so why not? Andrea got her happiness so why shouldn't I have mine right?

A few months after we announced my relationship with Nat, I noticed Andrea's belly is getting bigger. She's pregnant?! I lock myself in my room all day being mad at myself. If only that night it was her, we would've been so happy right now expecting a baby. But that will never happen. It will be impossible for us now.

The moment Dad told me that he wants Andrea and I to get married, I was in shock. It's like a dream come true for me, to marry the girl I loved for years? Who wouldn't be happy with that? I was a bit hesitant at first because of Nat. I already told Nat that I've moved on from Andrea but the truth is, I haven't. I'm not even sure of my feelings for Nat. I also know that Dad just forced Andrea to get married because of her grandfather. Though I hate the thought of the reason but at least I can call her my wife.

For the past 2 years of our marriage, I admit that I'm still with Nat. I've been ignoring Andrea for 2 years cause I don't know what to say to her. I get too awkward and too shy whenever she's around. She makes my heart beat faster every time I see her. I was so happy she asked to be friends with me, at least I have a reason for spending time with her.

That day when she had a sexy scene to shoot with someone, I was just so mad. I don't want anyone touching her. I don't know how to control my emotions and I vented it out on her which is a big mistake on my part.

Seeing her wearing with that black and red lingerie is just too much for me. My eyes were so big in shock. She's not that kind of girl, my Andrea is not that person. But I admit that it really turned me on. So when I saw she's touching that man, I went crazy and asked the director to stop shooting or else I'll pull out my investment on the movie.

I haven't seen her for days after that incident. Every time I went out, I always go to my condominium, I have to avoid Andrea. I know she thinks I'm with Nat while Nat thinks I'm with Andrea. Only my father knows about this condominium and it's my solitude.

Call me weirdo but I have a book which contains all of Andrea's pictures and articles on the newspaper about her.