Broken reality

All I could see was my father's fist slamming against the wall, just barely missing my mother's head, he'd caught her trying to leave, and he saw her taking me with her.

"She's my daughter too, you're not gonna turn another one of my children against me!" he spat, pushing her across the room.

I dashed underneath the table, pulling the cloth down once I was tucked under. I could hear the sound of fists pounding against flesh. I tried to block the noise out by covering my ears, but it proved to be too loud.

I pulled back the table cloth. My father, a violent drunk, was sitting slumped against the wall, his knuckles covered in blood. He didn't seem to care as much as he gestured for me too come sit next to him.

"It's okay hun, it's not mine,'' he said gesturing to the crimson liquid coating his fingers. I crawled over towards my mother, and gently nudged her.

"Leave that piece of shit alone!". He stood up and stumbled his way over towards the main bedroom. The double bed groaned as he collapsed his drunken weight onto the covers.

I tried to steady my fingers as I dialled the numbers for the ambulance

. My fathers disturbed snores echoed throughout the house.

I nudged my mother's shoulder before turning her onto her side. My heart was thumping inside my chest as the phone continued to ring. She groaned softly and tried to get up, however I held her down.

It wasn't long before the ambulance arrived, the police straight after. Dad was hauled away into a holding cell until he was to be in court the following week.

My hands were shaking as I was questioned by an officer, mom was taken to hospital, I was to stay there for the night as we had no other family members willing to take me in.

Everything went blurry after that, as darkness surrounded my thoughts.