Chapter 8

Author Note Ahead!

I did it!! Chapter 8 is out! I will possibly end this story soon soooo! It was a pleasure to gather your attention and read!

Pibs over and out!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Starbuck was slacking back to Ivy's and his room, his hair looked like he just came out of a tornado and there were dark circles under his eyes. His hand was sliding over the wall, ready for him to hold him, if he fell.

"Boi... you look done." The voice made Starbuck twitch, Kariku stood on the other side and stared at him with concern in his eyes. Just a weak smile crept on Starbuck's lips, before one of his legs gave in and he collapsed against the wall. Kariku gasped, rushing towards him and supporting him.

"D-do you know, if Ivy's fine?" Kariku rolled his eyes, when he heard Starbuck's question and slowly started to lead him.

"Starbuck, she's alright. Last time, I checked, she was sleeping in your bed and looked as peaceful as ever. You should worry about yourself, you're looking kind of sick..."

"Heh... no worries. Do you think, she will forgive me?"

"You both... are unbelievable! You should talk to each other! But I guess you're already at it, right? And she... well... she says a lot of things without thinking... Really a lot." They both chuckled a little, when Kariku slammed the door open and they were looking in an enlightened face.

There was silence. Ivy was staring back scared with tears on her cheeks and swollen eyes, while Starbuck could hold himself up barely and Kariku just felt out of place.

"See you later, bud." Was all he mumbled to Starbuck, as he left the place and the strength that held Starbuck above was gone. He could take a few more steps inside the room, locking the door and turning around to turn on the lights, when his knees gave up.

"LEON!" Ivy rushed up to him, heaving him up as good as she could and managed to set him on their bed. So, Starbuck was laying on top of Ivy, she wasn't able to move him and just started to stroke over his head gently.

"I-i... o-owe you an... explanation..." He yawned long and exhausted, so Ivy pressed his head against her stomach and told him to shut up. Starbuck accepted it thankfully, closing his eyes and immediately fainting into a deep and dreamless sleep.

Starbuck overheard a few sobs, sometimes a mumbling. He turned around softly, looking straight at the back of Ivy. With another sob of her, he slung his arms around her waist and dragging her close.

"O-oh... Le-Leon..." Her voice cracked, he rose his head up and set it between hers and her shoulder.

"Babe, what-" And then, he spotted his tablet in the fingers of Ivy, Starbuck remembered her having it when he came back last night. His eyes read the last few rows and noticed with a slight panic attack, she was reading his old reputation.

"Why are you crying?" His voice was emotionless, so Ivy silenced and Starbuck was able to pull the tablet out of her hands, turning it off.

"I'm angry and... and disappointed." She whispered softly and his heart missed a beat, but then she grabbed Starbucks hand.

"I'm sorry for saying such things, for not trusting you and... Comparing you with 'him'. I'm angry at myself..." He didn't think, not even once, that Ivy would ever tell him something like this.