C3 Lunch with Lady Mcmillan

"Milady, young mistress has come with sir Shamall."

The large doors of the dining hall was opened, welcoming the couple with a smile on their faces. The maid attended them and prepared the dishes. Raeliana was overwhelmed of the sudden luxury because she was only used of her simple life. Eating lunch without the help of someone. Justin clutched her hand, "Tell me if something bothers you." Raeliana pressed his palm, "Nothing bothers me when you're here."

Lady Mcmillan witnessed the warm interaction between Raeliana and her newly engaged fiance. She smiled unconsciously that was seen by Raeliana. She was glad to see her mother smiling again after the tragic lost of her father who had struck an accident during his visit to his homeland. It surely painful for his family, as Lady Mcmillan was grieving secretly every night. It was too bad that novel Raeliana was too uncaring of her parents. She let them suffer alone and was focused on getting the heart of the duke who has never spared an attention to her.

"Good morning, mother. I hope you had a good sleep."

Lady Mcmillan's eyes sparkled in tears. She was greatly moved of her daughter's sudden change of behavior. Although she was used of Raeliana's prick attitude, she never expected her to be this kind and friendly. She thought that she was just dreaming right now, but Raeliana uttered a hint of warmness again. "Is there something wrong Mother? I feared that you're still unwell."

"Ah, no sweetheart. I just remember your father." wiping her tears rolling down to her cheeks.

"Father was happy up there. I'm sure he's looking after us. So please don't be sad anymore mother."  Wrapping her arms around Lady Mcmillan and enveloping her with warmth and care. Her mother did the same. She was glad that her daughter finally came to accept her and recognizing her as her mother.

"Oh I'm sorry, the dishes are cold now. I should call the maids to prepare us something hot—"

"It's fine mother. I don't want the food to go waste. Let's just enjoy our meal."