A Problem For The Girl With No Problems

Our story catches up with Amanda after her separation from Amy and Charles. As she ran for her life, the sound of a crying girl suddenly stopped her. Amanda quietly watched at a distance. It seemed that the little girl was crying because her father would not buy her the doll she wanted. She kept screaming and screaming. Suddenly, she turned her attention to Amanda.

The screams got louder and louder. Amanda was frozen by fear. The girl got closer and closer as if she was sliding. Amanda's heart beat faster and faster. Amanda feared that the end was near. Then, all of a sudden, the little girl disappeared leaving Amanda confused. She took a deep breath and moved on. While she was walking, she was troubled by the sight of a teenage girl disrespecting her own friends and family. She was treating them like they were nothing. Even less than nothing. The teenage girl then turned her attention to Amanda. Amanda swallowed her fear and tried to run away. As she ran, she kept seeing the little girl and the teenager. She suddenly stopped . . . realizing that she had been going in circles. Out of breath, with tears in her eyes and hopeless, she gave out a large cry.

​"What do you want from me?"

Suddenly, three mirrors appeared in front of Amanda. One had the reflection of the little girl. The other was that of the teenager. And the third was Amanda's figure. Once more, Amanda was stuck to the ground. Her feet got heavier and heavier. Her movement was slower and slower. The silence was broken by a sound. It came from all the three reflections. She gathered whatever sanity she had and said," What. . . what are you?"

The three reflections spoke. "Haven't you realized it yet? The constant cry for attention, the mistreatment of others. . . We are you your biggest sins. We are the dark side of you!"

The air got thicker and thicker. Suppressed memories resurfaced and Amanda's life flashed before her eyes. If Satan had dragged her to hell. . . if a thousand blades struck her with one blow . . . . if she was never born. . . it would have all been less on her soul that having the light of truth shine on her with such bright illumination. The shadowy figure of Elda appeared once more. Looking down at the fruit of her labor, Elda saw that the first part of her plan had worked to perfection. Amanda did not struggle as Elda dragged her deeper and deeper into the darkness. Her mind went blank and the only thing she could see was the misery she caused to others. They soon disappeared.