Chapter 4

THE BUS STOP

It has been 5 weeks since Missy's death departure. It has been hard on everyone, especially hard on me, but I keep the tears and anger away. I keep reminding myself of others and, how my mood affects them, so I smile, laugh and try my best to be happy on the outside, and cry my heart out on inside, covering my hurtful facial expressions. I wasn't any good at that to Ares, he can read me like an open book, which annoys me but I still love him. I stood outside my locker as I felt a rush of cold air went past me, then it didn't go. My first thought was, it had to be a bucket of water being poured on me, but I found it to be Ares clinging to me.

"Ha what in the world! Why are you so cold?" I asked jumping in shock.

"Ummm I'm cold....sick, haha, how's your morning been?' he asked me while letting go and grabbing hold of my hand.

I didn't reply, I didn't want to tell him, I didn't know how to tell him?

Well my morning wasn't what you call a happy one........at all!!!

**Flash Back**

I ran down the stairs in my uniform ready for school, happy to be alive. I know what you're thinking why would such a thing cross my mind? But it happens all the time, people can die, sometimes for a cause and sometimes for no reason at all, people die when they sleep. My Nan went that way, long story short she wanted to go anyway, no one really respected her, or for that matter of fact no one even liked her. She was a horrible person.

Before I could step into the kitchen, my mother was sitting at the table, crying over the phone.....again.

"KENTON, come home I can't do this any more, I can't lie to Dakota that your DEAD because your NOT! She hasn't seen you for what has it been, over 10 years!!' She hung her head down. "If your not coming home, I want,....." She cleared her throat afraid what she was about to say. "I want a divorce" She hung up the phone. I ran back up stairs. Tears swelled in my eyes. My dad is alive and my mother hasn't told me! And there getting a DIVORCE. Anger was spreading in me like a disease. I couldn't stop it. OK there are two ways to take this. Yell and be angry all my life and confronting mum, or being annoyed but not angry because there must be a reason why? Right? But only one thing is certain, I'm figuring it out myself! Thoughts kept creeping in. My father is DEAD, he drove into a brick wall when I was 3. How can he be alive? Is it super natural? The call last time said that he couldn't do his work for him. WHAT? Who's him? And that if he doesn't stop helping this man, he could go to jail! Tears ran down my face. I curled up in a ball, to upset to even care if someone was watching.

**End of Flashback**

"Dakota?' he said waiting for an answer. I realised my brain went wondering. 'You don't have to tell me but I'm your boyfriend and you can tell me anything.'

"Arh it just wasn't the best' I scratched my head.

"And yourself?' I asked.

He was telling me how was bored he was watching his little sister play hockey yesterday. "Wooohh look at the sky it's like as dark as Josh's hair and that's hard to beat. There's gonna be a big one tonight.' He giggled and looked over to a guy sitting by himself as white as a ghost but his hair was gothic black. I didn't care much, 2 things just kept coming back. Is my dad alive? When he is supposed to be dead? And this Junior Jack the ripper, why would he chose a name like that why not I don't know, The killer! Is there a meaning behind it? Why Junior?

The bell rang for class, History with Ares that had to be the highlight of my day, having Ares in one of my classes, so I can forget all my questions that were killing not just me but my boyfriend to, he can notice it.