Willing to Fight

"Tonight, one of our top stories is a missing persons report." The female journalist looked into the screen as she read the teleprompter. "Choi Hye-Jin of Seoul was last seen leaving her place of employment two weeks ago at 10 am. Her coworkers and boyfriend say that she didn't show up for her night shift that day. According to the police, there was no sign of struggle in her place of residence and no suspicious activity was seen by her neighbors or the cameras. If you see her please contact the police immediately" After keeping the picture up for a moment, the news station quickly changed to their next story.

"That wasn't long enough!" Felix yelled as he stood up angrily from his couch. "How could anyone remember her picture?"

"Honey, I am sure it will be fine. There are posters and billboards as well. You have done everything you could." Felix's mother gently patted his back to try and calm him.

"Done everything I could?!" Felix's tear stained face looked over at her. "If that was true, she would be here, because I would have been home like I was supposed to be!"

His tortured look broke his mother's heart. "You couldn't help being at work. This isn't your fault."

Felix wanted so bad to tell her the truth, but he couldn't bear to do it. He frustratedly ran his hands over his face. "Mom, you should go home. I could use a rest and it would be hard for me to sleep with you here." Even though he enjoyed the fact she was there, he just needed time to himself.

His mother got up from the couch and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. She gently ran her ran over his reddish-brown hair. "I understand sweetheart. I will come check on you later." Felix slowly walked her to the door. He gave her a tight hug. "Call me if you need me." She said before waving goodbye and leaving. Felix shut the door and bolted it closed and leaned his head against it.

The sudden ringing of his phone forced him out of his defeated state, and he ran to pick it up. "Hello?" He said half out of breath.

"Lee Felix." A male voice could be heard, and it seemed to have a heavy Australian accent.

"Do I know you?" Felix asked.

"No." They said. "But I know you, Lee Felix. Born September 15th, 2000, born in Sydney, Australia. You have two sisters and went to a Catholic school. Blood type AB, 171 cm tall. Auburn hair and brown eyes. You have a girlfriend named Hyejin, which you met in high school, and you work for an advertisement company."

"Who is this?!" Felix yelled into the phone after he shook off the shock of all the information this person knew.

Felix could hear the caller laugh. "Who I am is not concerning right now. I am more concerned about the whereabouts of that girlfriend of yours. Tell me Felix, why did it take you two weeks to even report she was missing?"

"I'm calling the..."

"The cops? Should have done that two weeks ago, don't you think? Oh, wait, I forgot you were busy spending nights in love hotels. That definitely will keep a man too busy to know his girlfriend, he claims to love so much is missing." The caller chuckled again. "You have been a horrible boyfriend. Don't you think, Felix?"

The guilt hit him like a ton of bricks. He knew what happened was wrong and he was horrible for it, but to hear it from someone else made it feel even worse. He fell to his knees and started to sob. "I know I am horrible! Do you think I need you to tell me that? What I have done is unforgiveable and disgusting. I regretted it, but I couldn't stop. I don't know what was wrong with me. I just want her back."

"If you got her back, you would only mistreat her again."

"No!" Felix yelled. "I would never again. Even if it meant changing my job and starting over, I wouldn't."

"I don't know Felix. I don't think I believe you." The caller laughed again.

"I don't have to prove anything to you! I love Hyejin, and I will fight god and anything else to get her back, and when I do, I will work hard to make her forgive me."

"You would fight for her?" The caller asked.

"Yes." Felix cried.

"Come to the dock. Let's just see how willing to fight you are." With that the caller disconnected the call. Felix looked at his cellphone with disbelief. After collecting his thoughts, he quickly grabbed his jacket and ran out the door.