Try Harder | Angst |

Type: Angst

Extra: Over-training and anger/snapped

Focus: Blood, descriptions, gore(kinda), and ending a scene.

Person: Pierce

. . .

"Try harder, or else someone else will take your place!"

Having verbal fights with people wasn't his strong suit, he could take physical fights anytime he was good at those, but anything verbal wasn't his strong suit at all. Pierce never talked that much, he never stepped out of place or did anything wrong but now he did, he allowed the one he was supposed to guard get hurt. It wasn't that bad, some bloodshed but barely any but this time it crossed the line. "Try harder!"

What had they thought he had been doing all this time? He tried, he tried his damn best but panic set it and something snapped and then a verbal fight broke out and he stormed out with "Try harder!" filling his every thought, the motivation to get rid of all of the pain, of all of this. He had to try harder, or else he wouldn't be able to to be strong enough to protect him like they said.

The blood on the tree said otherwise, he should have gotten gloves or something to put on his hands so they wouldn't be bleeding but he didn't want to go back there. He could take a few infections or two, he could have one of Prince Asch's guard's try and heal it; yeah, that sounded like a good plan, he didn't know which one of them would do it but at least he'd have a backup plan. 

Pierce had a plan, try and get out all of his emotional pain with physical pain, when that happens rest for a while, wait till all the blood is gone and go back; it's not a solid but he knows one thing for sure, no one ever tried to go after him when he was angry, the same thing with Prince Asch. 

"Try harder!"

Pierce glanced towards his fist, blood, scarlet liquid dripping from the cuts from the fists. 

Blood, blood meant two things, the things they were taught it meant, it was either good or bad; whether it was his enemy's or his own he didn't care, all he cared about was to get rid of this useless emotion pain, the pain that would never help him in his future. Emotions wouldn't help him later on in the future, then what was the point of them? He shook away the thought and punched the tree again, a spike of pain ran throughout his body as the cuts his the bark and worsened them. None of this matter, he didn't matter, the only thing that mattered was his job; nothing else. 

"Try harder!"

He wanted that voice to stop, he had been trying his best this whole time, couldn't they see that? Yet the pain kept on coming, the attacks on the trees kept on coming till his fist was bloodied but the emotional pain never seemed to go away. He didn't know how long he was there or how much on a mangled mess of his fist would be once all the blood was cleaned off of it. He had missed the tree a couple of times, scraping and cutting his arm while he was at it, the pain was replaced by the voice that constantly decided to haunt him.

"Try harder!"

"Try harder!"

"Try harder!"

"TRY HARDER!"

"Just stop!" 

Tears streaming from his eyes, sweat clinging his outfit to his skin and trickling down his forehead as the corner of his vision started to cloud up, his breath running short, nothing would make it stop. How hurt did he have to be until it was all gone? So he kept on trying and trying until that blurred image collected at the corner of his visions.