Primary Colors

One sheet of paper. That's all it took. To confirm everything that Betty and I had feared....

That we let a complete stranger into our house.

"This is why you wouldn't take the DNA test, isn't it?" I asked him. "Because you knew what the results were gonna say. That you have no Blossom blood!"

"Of course I don't," Chuckie looked up at me. "I'm not a Blossom. I don't even know them.

"Blossom blood is Cooper blood, Chuckie," I said. "My dad was a Blossom which means you would have tested positively for Blossom DNA, but you didn't, because you're an impostor!"

Betty snatched the blue folder from him, and calling Alice's name.

"Says the girl who also didn't take the DNA test," Chuckie spat back.

"That's because I'm not a full Blossom," I said. "I'm related to them by adoption."

"Oh, the heck you are," he said. "Why did they adopt you, then? You know, I know nothing of where you came from, so maybe you're the impostor."

"Um, I just don't tell anyone who I am or where I'm from," I said. "I don't just tell anyone about my past, cause I need their trust, first, and I certainly don't trust you."

"Oh, so your boyfriend Jughead knows, then?" Chuckie asked.

"You won't be able to get that information out of him," I said.

"Oh, I can try," Chuckie said. "If he's not gonna tell me, it'll be bad for you, mom, and Betty."

"Are you threatening us?" I asked.

He didn't get to answer. He was saved by the bell as Alice called us down.

"Girls, listen," Alice said. "The truth is Chuckie's DNA doesn't match because Hal isn't his father." She turned around, facing Chuckie. "But I am your mother, you understand me?"

"Hang on, what?" Betty asked. "What? Then who is Chuckie's father?"

"Chuckie's my son!" Alice rested her hand on Chuckie's shoulder. "And whoever the father is, is not gonna be a part of our lives. So there's no reason to open old wounds that have healed many times over!" She turned around, facing him again, engulfing him in a hug. "Come here."

Chuckie looked up at us, an evil smirk twisting on his thin lips.

Betty and I rose an eyebrow at it his evil smirk.

Jughead was not going to like what Chuckie just told me back upstairs.

Knowing Jughead, he wouldn't be happy to hear that Chuckie was trying to threaten us again, and Jughead can get pretty defensive if needed.

"I just loved your spin piece in the paper, Olivia Pope," Jughead told Veronica during lunch the next day.

"Can we not, Jughead?" Veronica asked.

Jughead inhaled, looking Veronica directly in the eye.

"Did you know about Southside High closing?" Jughead asked. "Or the prison?"

"Of course not," I said. "It was all her parents' doing. Right, V?"

"She didn't know, Jughead, okay?" Archie said. "So back off!"

"That's fine," Jughead said. "I have to conserve my energy anyhow. I'm going on a hunger strike to protest Southside High closing and to get it reopened."

Archie scoffed, taking a bite from his grilled cheese sandwich.

"What?" Jughead looked at him.