In to Out?

Paisley was laying on the carpet, looking up at her phone. "My mom just texted — we'd love to see your apartment and meet your roommate! We'll be in town next week! Any free days? — She just invited herself over." Paisley rolled over on her side tossing her phone next to her.

"I don't see the big deal, babe." Violet was stirring her coffee while sitting on the kitchen counter.

"Vi, we only have one bed. We share a closet. Share clothes. The apartment is hardly bigger than a one bedroom. I've never been close like this with anyone. My parents are good at picking up on little things."

Violet nodded slowly, realizing. "Well okay lets just say we've been tight on money and can only afford one bed-"

"-room only fits one bed anyway, and my parents would offer to pay for a bunk. They're nice like that."

"True, but you wanted to do things on your own. They respect that and will continue to."

Paisley groaned. "Then we can say you had no where to go and I let you stay here and then we found out we are great roommates and so you decided to permanently stay. And by that time it was too late to find a bigger apartment." Paisley sat straight up and looked up at Violet on the counter.

"That would have worked — if you didn't tell your parents months ago we found this apartment together."

"damn it." Paisley swore under her breath.

Violet set her coffee down and hopped off the counter, making her way to the floor where Paisley sat. She criss crossed in front of her, planting a small peck on her forehead.

The two were quiet in thought for what felt like hours. Violet broke the thick silence.

"I think its time we come out... We are serious. Our parents will find out soon enough, wouldn't you rather it be from us?" Violet's hands still on her girlfriend's thighs in concentrated reinsurance.

Paisley looked up at Violet in consideration. She gave a sigh and bit her lip.

Violet picked up Paisley's phone and held it out to her. "So, are you in?"