19

The girls had tried comforting me but it was ultimately not helping. Emily had come back downstairs with Maya and they said goodbyes; yet another romance that had fallen apart in our friendship group. My hands were tightly gripped around a hot cup of tea that was slightly scalding me, but I needed the shock to stop myself from bursting into tears. Everything around me seemed to be falling apart. Evan was the foundation to my happiness, and now he had gone the whole structure was collapsing.

Hanna told Emily about Evan an inconspicuously as possible whilst I stared into my mug as if it would magically show me where Evan was. I had literally no idea where he could be. I was truly wracking every inch of my brain as to where he could've gone.

"Did you try calling him?" Emily asked.

An awkward silence hung in the air, and I suddenly stood up, the chair screeching loudly, "I can't just sit here twiddling my thumbs. I...I have to go, sorry."

I swung my bag onto my shoulder whilst Spencer spoke out, "Yara, I think you should st-"

Leaving my untouched tea on the counter and a concerned group of friends behind me, I called back, "I have to find him!"

~~~~~~~~~~~

It was who!" I said, mocking my shock.

"Ian was the guy Ali was seeing that summer, A sent us the whole video of her at the kissing rock. She was with Ian!We're going to give the police the video later on, it's saved on my laptop." Spencer explained down the phone.

Obviously I already knew about Ali and Ian, but the girls didn't need to know that. Half the time I'd wondered if I had made it up, and half the time I wondered if I had forgotten anything about that summer. Drugs and drinking combined don't end well when it's comes to remembering things. It was nice to know that I hadn't imagined it though.

"Well, he does have a track record with young girls, I'm hardly surprised."

"Has anyone heard anything from Evan?" Spencer said, changing the subject.

"He called his Grandma last night from a different phone, he said he'd be home by tonight and was just staying at Lucas'."

It was true, according to Avery anyway. Evan had rung in the early hours of the morning saying he was fine and that he'd be back soon. It meant the police had stopped searching so vigorously for him now they assumed he was safe and well.

"I'm glad, I hope you two can work this out. Are you going to the dance marathon tonight?"

I had completely forgot about that, but I had a few sponsors so would have to show up, "Yeah, I'll be there."

"Great, if you're not coming in today then I'll see you later." Spencer said, already hanging up.

I decided that I'd do some homework at the brew until lunch, and then go into school. My Mum didn't know, but was job hunting so wouldn't find out. I'd ordered my usual drink and was sat at my regular table. Onlookers were confused as to why I wasn't at school but didn't say anything. Around half an hour into my study session I could sense the presence of another person sat opposite me, and I raised my line of vision to see Jason DiLaurentis in a chair, takeaway coffee in hand with a small smile on his face.

"Hi Yara," Jason said whilst sipping on his coffee.

"What're you doing back in town?" I questioned, putting my own drink on the table.