32

Zayns Pov*

"Harry....?" I said, leaving my voice to tremble as I did so.

My eyes were deceiving me, it couldn't really be him stood in front of me, can it? It all just seems so surreal that I'd actually see him again and now he's stood in front of me, this can't be true!

Then suddenly a rush of emotions flew over me and crashed down onto me like a wave coming into shore. This...I cant do this. My head was spinning and my knees became week. I haven't seen this man in so long and to see him, all the feelings I knew I had for him were certain, only stronger, I just wanted to reach out and grab him and hold onto him...but I can't. My body wouldn't allow it, neither will my brain. My heart is telling me to stay and cherish this moment, while my brain is saying run, run as fast as you can because your not ready yet, and my body is stiff but begging to be held. I don't know what to do.

"Zayn!" Harry said in a loud voice snapping me out of my thoughts.

"I- I- we- Hi." I stuttered.

"Let's sit" Harry suggested and walked past Zayn to the table him and liam had previously been sat at.
With that, Zayn followed and sat opposite him, his legs still shaking.

"So. How are you?" Harry asked.

"I'm good, u?" Zayn said awkwardly.

"Zayn i know we haven't seen each other in a while and we kinda drifted but you don't need to be awkward around me" Harry said while placing a hand on top of Zayns hand that was resting on the table.

Zayn pulled his hand away and looked around the cafe to make sure no one saw.
This made Harry's heart drop.

"Sorry" Harry spoke quietly.

"No. No it's not that. It's. It's just you know what press is like and. Well they just twist everything" Zayn spoke, his words were hard to get out.

"And would that be a bad thing?" Harry quizzed.

"Well..no. I guess? Idk. No but"

"I'm joking" Harry laughed. But Zayn felt like deep down he wasn't.

"Zayn loosen up. U know me"

"I used to" Zayn spoke quietly.

This made Harry sad, like he had failed them, he knew mostly it was his fault but now it was his time to be the one to fix it.

"Ouch" Harry spoke.

Zayn just looked at him, just a little glance then looked down at the table.

"Anyway. What's going on with u?" Harry asked.

"Nothing, I'm good" Zayn said bluntly

"Zayn. No ur not. I, along with everyone else in the band knows when ur not. I know ur hurting. Just let me be the friend that can help you" Harry smiled at him softly.

"Ok" Zayn said and gave Harry a soft smile back.

Both boys began to feel a sense of warmth upon them as they began to open up about everything that was going on in their lives.

As they spoke for about an hour they both began to feel how they used to, at peace with the world when they were around each other, it was nice, for both of them.
Harry has grown to see how Zayn was struggling, mainly just work stresses and he was sure he could help Zayn.