Chapter 2

Sorry this chapter is really short. I'll update another one really soon! I just didn't want to add anything else to this chapter.

Everything in this series belongs to James Dashner except for little miss Joan. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I let out a small scream before a hand clamps over my mouth. Panic causes my vision to blur and my heart to race. My body stills and I feel a cold hand try to grip the bottom of my shirt and pull it up.

Realization hits me like a tsunami and my instincts kick in. I thrust my elbow into his side and twist, wrenching myself out of his grasp. His grip stays on my shirt and it rips.

I take off down the forest, heading for the camp. Almost immediately I take a right off of the dark path and trip and fall on a ditch. I curse the darkness and stand up, listening for the sound of footsteps. It's so eerily quiet. My fists unclench, but my heart still hammers. I had to find my way back.

I let out a scream as cold skin touches my exposed side. It came out strangled and animal like and I try to take a step away. I charge towards the lights that I can barely see. branches cut at my skin and leaves brush my arms. I hear something hit the back of my head and pain stabs into my head before I can feel my body fall onto the decaying leaves of the forest floor and I lose consciousness.