thirty

TW! mention of attempted su*cide/death
-
It was days later and the four were on their way back to Korea. They had a good time in the states and hoped to go back one day, but for now, they had to prepare for their debut. While the rest of the girls were excited, Jennie couldn't care less. Not because she didn't want to debut with her best friends and ex-girlfriend, but because she was not looking forward to all the drama and rumors surrounding their name.

Still, she knew she would have to deal with it either way, and she was fine with that. As long as she was doing it with the people she loved the most. Jennie let out a sigh and Rosé grabbed her hand.

Jennie looked over at the girl, giving her a soft smile. Rosé smiled back.

"J?" she said quietly.

"Yeah?"

"What happened to you when you got back to Korea?"

Jennie cleared her throat, looking away from the girl.

"Look at me," Rosé said. "I won't judge you. Tell me what happened."

"I put so much of myself into you, that when you broke up with me, I didn't know what to do," Jennie turned her head to look at her ex. "The second I got back, I had to start training at YG. I overworked myself, I wasn't eating properly, but the staff saw it as me really wanting to debut. That's why I got to debut so early."

Rosé nodded.

"It got to the point where I really wasn't happy with myself because I thought I wasn't good enough," Jennie said. "Not for you, specifically."

The older girl wasn't liking the direction this was going in.

"I tried to overdose, not thinking about how it would affect anyone."

"Jennie, you don't have to—"

"Just let me finish," Jennie said. "I was in a coma for a few weeks. Within those few weeks, my mom fell ill. I remember hearing her talk to me while I was asleep. She told me she wouldn't give up on me, and I promised myself I wouldn't give up either."

"J, really—"

"You wanted to know what happened. I'm telling you," the younger girl said. "Don't interrupt me again."

"But—"

"Roseanne Park."

"Okay."

"I woke up, obviously, and everything's fine the first few days of recovery. That is, until I get the news. My mom died. She died the day I woke up, but they didn't want to tell me because I had just woken up. I couldn't help but feel like—"

"It was not your fault," Rosé cut her off. "Don't ever blame yourself for something out of your control."

Jennie quickly looked away from Rosé, not wanting her to see her cry. The older girl placed a hand on her face, making them face each other.

"You were the YG trainee that was hospitalized?"

"Yes. It was covered up by a girl leaving around the same time."

"That was why Lucas was always coming here to visit you, constantly missing school, and would never tell anybody what was going on?"

"Yeah," Jennie nodded.

"Would you have wanted for anybody to know?"

"The only people I wanted to know was the people that already knew. Jisoo, Lisa, Irene, Taeyong, and Lucas."

"I'm sorry," Rosé apologized, she wiped the other girl's tears.

"For what?" Jennie gave her a smile full of pain.

"That was my fault."

"Nobody is to blame for someone's suicide. There had to be stuff going on before hand, and there was, but I'm not getting into that. Nothing was your fault," Jennie said. "Don't blame yourself for something out of your control."

Jennie looked up at Rosé and noticed the tears streaming down her face.

"Why are you crying?" she wiped the girl's tears.

"I love you so much," the trainee said in almost a whisper.

"I love you too, baby," Jennie pushed the girl's hair behind her ears.

"God," Rosé sniffed, wiping the tears off of her face. "How did we end up here?"

Jennie hummed, studying her ex's face. "Sometimes, when two people are meant to be, nothing can stop them from finding each other again."

She was right. The two of them had been through thick and thin, and somehow, they found their way back to each other. They needed each other, they were made for each other. Nothing would stop them from being together. Not their group, not their country, not even their company.

Even after they debuted together, they found a way to keep it a secret. They wondered what people would do once they found out they were shipping the wrong girls.

-

a/n: over the edge description: after blackpink disbands, jennie decides she still wants to be an idol, but rosé thinks her time is done. they buy a house in australia & do part time living back and forth. they go through a rough patch when it's released that they're dating. will they last, or will they let their problems get the best of them?

i will let you know when the character intro is uploaded.

don't be surprised if it's a few days late 😭😭😭