|| TWENTY-FOUR ||

Pop's had turned into the red-carpet zone as invitees from all over Riverdale and neighbouring towns were arriving to take in the new Speakeasy on its opening night. Cars and bikes, valets and doormen, it was like an event made for celebrities.

Sweet Pea got out of the Challenger, going around it to open the door for Lauryn. He held his hand out to her, assisting her out of the car in her beautiful glittery, one-shouldered evening gown.

"You look perfect," he told her, his pupils increasing in size. She could see her reflection in his eyes and smiled blushingly.

"You don't look so bad yourself," she told him, giggling. He was dressed in a black shirt and shiny shoes, his sleeves rolled up above his elbows. His hair was perfectly gelled, and he was wearing his most expensive cologne.

He tossed the keys to the valet, holding out his arm for his girlfriend to take. She kissed him on the cheek as they began making their way in. "I'm kidding. You look so hot."

Sweet Pea laughed. "That all you got?"

"For now," she smirked, and he kissed her hand.

"Lauryn, Sweet Pea," Reggie called, gesturing for them to skip the eager line of people. "You two look awesome. Welcome to La Bonne Nuit."

He led them through the phone booth and they clambered down the stairs into the glamourous venue. Lauryn had seen it as a finished product before, but the attendees made it that much better.

"Bonnie and Clyde!" Veronica greeted, her sparkly purple gown brushing against the floor as she walked towards the couple. "You both look statuesque."

Lauryn giggled. "I'm going to pretend I know what that means. Thanks, Ver. You look gorgeous."

"Thank you," Veronica replied, holding up her phone to take a picture with them both. "I'll tag you. Are the Serpents in position upstairs?"

Sweet Pea nodded. "Just about. The Skulls are here, too, from what I've seen."

"Good," Veronica nodded. "I want to ensure that this event goes smoothly, with no mishaps such as my father trying to sabotage it."

"The only thing about to be sabotaged is the bar," Lauryn joked, and Veronica held out her arm. 

"By all means."

"What do you want, babe?" Lauryn asked Sweet Pea who shrugged. 

"Anything," he replied, and she groaned, going off nevertheless to get him a beer.

Veronica closed in on Sweet Pea discreetly. "Is everything okay with Lauryn? I've been worried about her lately."

Sweet Pea glanced at his girlfriend who was ordering, pursing his lips together. "She will be. Don't worry, just some Serpent-Ghoulie shit."

"I'm aware of that," Veronica responded, and she clasped his forearm which was rested on his hip. "Just, please let me know if there's something I can do."

"Sure," Sweet Pea replied. It was now becoming harder to hide. Everyone had seen him with Josie, and everyone had seen Lauryn with Rich. It was no secret that things weren't smooth sailing behind closed doors.

"Lauryn!" an unmistakable British accent said from behind her at the bar. She turned on her heel to see her brother and Katie, both arm in arm with the biggest smiles. "You look amazing!"

"Thank you. So do you!" Lauryn smiled, it was nice to see that they had made up. "Make sure he doesn't drink too much tonight, okay?" 

"I won't, sis. Chill. Where's Sweet Pea?" Fangs asked, and she nodded in the direction of where Sweet Pea was talking to some other Serpents.