IV

I got back from the showering place and realized I needed to take a shower myself. No extra clothes whatsoever. I laid myself down on the bed. I was on the brink of sleep when I heard Lisa called me.

"Jen-nie." She said with a pause in between.

"Yeah?" I replied with my eyes closed.

"Sho-wer."

I opened my eyes and Lisa was hovering over me, déjà vu, she stepped back and gave me one of her clothes, I'm guessing my clothes now.

Lisa was all cleaned, now that I see her face clearer, she was a beautiful woman. I mean she has all the curves in the right places, what a woman she is. She has a plain old shirt and pants on, great, that means I just caught her at the wrong time, she does have modern clothes, just not living modernly. I take the clothes from her and headed off to the shower room.

"There's soap, so she's not completely barbaric, maybe there's a market nearby."

I remove the bamboo from the top and water flowed to my body, surprisingly warm. I closed my eyes and start to wash myself. I was about finished when a bug the size of an apple landed on my right shoulder. I screamed out and ran out the room, the water was still flowing, but the one thing I hate more than crashing on this island are bugs.

I ran all the way back to Lisa's house, she must've heard my scream because she came running out of the house with a spear. I almost reached her when I stepped on something sharp. I winced in pain, but kept limping towards her, she held me up and looked behind me to see anything dangerous. She dropped her spear.

"What, what?" She looked concerned for me.

"Bug."

I held in my tears, the bug and the pain in my sole caused this.

"Bug?" She questioned.

Lisa took off her shirt and put it over me, she was topless now, she took off her pants and helped me put it on too, at least she has a cloth around it. Lisa picked me up from the ground and I tired to ignore the mounds in front me.

She placed me on the bed carefully and quickly put on another pair of clothes.

"Ahh?" She pointed towards my foot.

"Yes, it hurts."

Lisa got up and grabbed a long piece of cloth and kneeled on both her knees, she wrapped it around my ankle, the only thing she could've done, my feet wasn't bleeding.

I remember the water in the shower room was probably still running.

"The water hole is still open in the shower place, I should go close it."

Lisa sat with one of her legs crossed and the other propped up and looked at me confused again.

I got up, Lisa held my hand to stop me from taking any further steps.

"I'm okay."

"I go?" Lisa asked.

I sighed.

Probably for the best, if another bug shows up, I can tell her. I nodded.

We both walked to the shower room and the water stopped flowing, Lisa went to see the top of the tub and she gestured that all the water was gone.

"Sorry."

She gave a confused look.

"ขอโทษ" (I'm sorry)

She smiled and nodded.

"ไม่เป็นไร" she said.

I understand that, it means she forgives me.

I smiled back at her.

———————

"So uhm, you'll be sleeping here?" I pointed towards the bed.

"We sleep, okay?" She put out the okay sign. "One only." She pointed towards the blanket.

"Alright."

So this is my life now, sleeping with a stranger, no underwear or bra on, just some clothes, at least I have clothes.

Lisa got in the bed and tapped next to her, she looked like an excited kid ready for her first slumber party.

I reluctantly got in and turned faced away from her. I can tell she was facing me and I was getting uncomfortable.

"Can you turn around?" I motioned for her to turn her back to me. Her face fell, but she did do what I asked. "Thanks."