Part 3

Finally, it's morning.

You're sure a few hours of sleep snuck in, mostly because there wasn't a piercing pain behind your ear, one that you had grown quite accustomed to.

The medication must be working now.

Though you didn't sleep for long, you were comforted by the lack if a certain.... reoccurring dream.

But when without the dream, it left you wondering. Wondering if there was a message.

Wondering if instead of being helped you were being....

subdued...

You struggled off the thought, having little to no choice but to trust Gaster as..... suspicious... as he may be.

You forced yourself not to wonder about what you had thought before you had fallen asleep.

There's no room for love right now, you remind yourself constantly. We're not ready.

Though the sun had rose in the cold town and rested gently on your face, you kept your eyes closed.

You turn to the side and feel a space in the bed and a nudge at your feet, meaning Frisk had moved and changed position in the night.

To give them more room you curl closer to into the space in the mattress and shuffle forward, hearing them rustle into place.

Eyes still closed you sigh gently, and notice breath come back at you.

You found it weird, being as you didn't think you were facing the wall.

Still fighting waking up, you keep your eyes closed still and simply move your hand in front of your face.

You touch something semi hard... but didn't feel like a wall.

You open your eyes to see Sans staring back at you, blushing slightly... with your hand on his chest.

You pull away slowly, but no words are exchanged.

Your breathing syncs with his, and you both simply watch each other's next moves.

You thought he was about to break the silence when Frisk yawns loudly.

As a reflex you turn away from him, pressing your forehead against the wall.

"Morning kiddo," Sans spoke softly, sounding almost disappointed.

You could feel his gaze at your back, but he didn't disturb you.

Frisk, not being a morning person, grumbled themselves out of bed without paying any mind to you.

Sans took a short breath, as if he was going to say something, but ended up just sighing and leaving.

What did he want to happen? It's not like we can be in a relationship with these unspoken feelings. I mean I know I like him and he's making it seem like he likes me but...

Before you could continue to negate the possibility of a relationship for a third time that day, a phone rings.

You sit up and answer, trying not to sound like you just woke up. It didn't work.

"Hello?"

"Yo!" It's Undyne. "Hey uh....Y/n? W-what are you doing picking up on Sans's phone?"

You pull the phone from your ear and look at it, shocked. It was definitely his.

You blush, "Uhm... We must've g-"

"Doesn't matter. I mean, you had to leave the house and see him to do whatever it is you might or might not have done, right?"

Her insinuating way of speaking put you on the defensive. "I'm telling you nothing ha-"

"If nothing happened, why didn't you notice earlier? How would you have his phone so early in the morning if you didn't sleep over? And why do you sound so tired?"

You paused a second, and was about to make a comeback when Sans knocked on the door.

"Hey Y/n, you up for cereal?"

His husky voice carried to the phone before you could push it under the pillow.

In your embarrassed frenzy you turned on the speakerphone.

"HAH! SO YOU DID SLEEP OVER! I BET YOU G-"

"Okay bye Undyyyynnnnee!" You hang up and cover your face before gingerly handing Sans the phone.

"Uh... sorry?" He's confused, but you're too embarrassed to explain.

"Don't worry about it," you mumble while getting out of the bed.

His eyes follow you out the room, but he shrugs and closes the door behind you.

____________

It's been about 3 hours since the morning excitements, and you've calmed down quite a bit.

Frisk has been sent to school, though less for learning and more as a day camp since less and less kids were attending.

You and Sans sat on the couch talking, facing each other, legs entangled.

Neither of you really knew how you'd gotten into the position, but you were comfortable and Sans didn't seem to care.

He makes a joke in the conversation and you laugh wholeheartedly. He blushes slightly, chuckling along when the door slams open.

You peek your eyes open to see Undyne standing by the door and Alphys scuffling towards you two.

She placed her hands on the couch squealing as Sans started to move his legs, but stopped when he noticed you weren't moving.

Still laughing from the joke, you couldn't well process the situation you were in until the giggles had died down.

You sigh contentedly, first seeing Sans's bashful face smiling with an eyebrow raised before seeing the massive stars in Alphys's eyes.

You quickly swipe your legs to the ground, almost knocking Sans off the couch.

You curse at yourself, still in your pajamas...

You sigh and massage your temples, still hearing Alphys's squeal and Undyne's chuckling with a burning face and a spinning mind.

It was going to be a long day.