Spark 9: Misunderstandings Are A Pain

Yasuo's P.O.V

I met the same Ionian again when I was walking to the store, and he went up to me. There seemed to be no anger in him this time though.

"I'm sorry about the other day." He started. "It's that I've seen her seduce other men then take their souls out of their bodies. I just don't want to see it happen anymore."

"Really? Give me some evidence." I replied.

"I was one of her victims.." He said after a long silence. That, wasn't something I expected. It did make sense, although that doesn't change my thoughts on Ahri. I already knew that part of her, and I'm still willing to protect her. Although, I want to ask Ahri about this Ionian.

"Hey Ahri," I greeted as I stepped inside the store. "Do you remember the other Ionian that led the crowd to us the other day?"

"Yeah, why?" She asked.

"Did you know him?" I replied, and I could tell that she was suprised at the question. There was a silence between us that lasted for a couple of minutes.

"Yes I did." Ahri finally answered. "He was the first person I actually dated and the only one before I met you. His name is Conlor. I'll tell you why he left and hates me."

*flashback from Ahri's P.O.V*

My desire for souls has never been this strong before. It's taking all my energy to just restrain myself. I collapsed to the ground as I clutched my heart, the thumping pain ceasing to fade. Conlor wasn't here. He was at the workplace, but I'm glad that he doesn't get to see me like this. A man that I didn't know found me and came by my side to help me up. Please. Please go. Go away. You're only making my desire stronger. I couldn't say anything to him, so he stayed there for the entire time.

"I'll take you to the nearest hospital." He said, but I weakly shook my head. I can't go there. Too many souls to take.. "But you're in such terrible pain."

He tried to carry me up, but I refused to let him. He was lured in by my charms.. As his affection towards me got stronger, so did my desire. I never had to hold it in this long before. The other times it managed to subside, but for some reason this time it won't go. I couldn't hold it anymore and everything happened in a blink of an eye. Before I knew it, his body lied on the floor. Unconcious.

I could hear myself panting as I saw the figure. It took me a while to realise that the pain in my chest was gone, and to that I clasped my hands on my chest and felt my heartbeat.

Boom. Boom. Boom.

"Ahri?" I heard a voice call. I quickly turned around to see that Conlor was standing before me, his face full of terror. He must've been on his way back from work. "What happened..? Did he try to kidnap (catnap ;3) or kill you?"

I didn't want to answer this since I don't know how he'll react. I stayed quiet, hoping that he'd leave the question aside. Although I knew that he will ask me again sometime sooner and that I'll have to face him with the true answer.

"Ahri? Answer me please." Conlor insisted.

"I-I I took his life.. It was an a-accident.. I d-didn't mean to... I have a t-thing inside of me that constantly hunts for s-souls... It wanted a soul again and this time I couldn't keep it in, there was a searing pain in my chest.. He came along and I told him to go but he stayed and-" I explained, but Conlor cut me off before I could continue.

"So you killed him?" He asked in a powerful tone. I stayed silent again and I could feel tears sliding down my face. He interpreted that as a yes and turned around, ready to go. But before he left he said three words that killed me.

"You wretched fox."

As soon as he was gone, I started sobbing and hoped for the pain in my chest to go. But this pain was different, it hurt because I lost someone close to me. I stayed there for what seemed like ages, until I got over the fact that he was actually gone and I understood his reasons as to why he left me here. Anyone who saw me do this would..

*end flashback*

~~~

"So you left Ahri because you saw her take another man's soul?" I asked Conlor as we met again.

"I won't lie. Yes I did." Conlor answered. "I had such a rough day. Another man took my ideas for a project that I was doing and applied it to his own one. I was so frustrated since my boss praised him and scolded for imitating him. So on the way home from work, I was planning to spend my time cooling off with Ahri and tell her the troubles I had but then I saw her in a corridor panting and a dead corpse beside her. At first I thought that the man was trying to kidnap her and she killed him out of self-defence. It was then that she told me that she had a desire to hunt for souls. Already angry with my job, I wasn't thinking straight and I just stormed out of there, tears threatening to fall. I just lost the love of my life. Now that I think about it, it was such a stupid thing to do. I shouldn't have left her."

"Then why did you decide to get angry at her again?" I questioned.

"I already regretted that I left her. I wanted to test you and see if you were going to do the same thing. I don't want her to lose another person who was close to her."

"There's no need for you to worry. There are things about us that you don't know and won't need to. But all you need to know is that I won't leave her. Ever."

After that, he nodded and decided to leave. So he wasn't a bad person after all. What I said to him, I will keep as a promise. I won't ever leave Ahri, no matter what happens. That night, I decided to stay with Ahri for a while. She cuddled comfortably on my chest as we lay there.

~~~

"Goodnight Yasuo." Ahri said as she got up to leave.

"Goodnight." I replied with a smile. "Have sweet dreams."

I thought I saw her twitch when I said that, but she smiled at me and left. Was there something wrong? I'll let her get some sleep and see how things go from there.

~~~

I couldn't update this this time because I had exams and after that my internet decided to stuff up on me. Sorry about that! But I'll be updating more often now since I have nothing left to keep me busy :333 YEY!

See you in the next Spark~