ACT-TWENTY ONE: Through The Portal

"Are you sure you want to do this? You'll be completely drained." Marco said.

"Yeah. It's for the good of Y/N and Jay's future."

The group and Ahri were gathered hand in hand inside the living room, a glowing blue aura filling each and all the members of Y/N's friends. The gang had finished packing and preparing for the leap into the portal, and Ahri was midway through the ritual to pass her powers on.

It was almost dead silence. Everyone knowing that Ahri would sacrifice her powers for good wasn't exactly an exciting moment. The group could visibly see Ahri wilting away, her face getting paler and paler as she transfered her powers.

"...I..I wonder what we'll be able to do with this power. What will happen to us?" Judy asked.

"Well...that I can't answer. It'll be different for everyone. Humans from this world have never touched this kind of power. To be honest, no human should ever be wielding this kind of mana when you're from the dimension you're from." Ahri explained.

"...yeah. I wouldn't want dangerous individuals getting the powers to fly or anything..." Fionn pondered, visibly wincing at a world where that could've happened.

The sound of the portal in the bathroom started to fade away.
Sarah noticed first, turning towards the direction of the bath room and gasped.

"Uh, guys we have to go! There's no more time!"

"Time is running out. I have no choice."

A roar of energy emerged from Ahri's hands.

"This will be enough, but..I won't last....."

Ahri lost her balance, fainting onto the couch, luckily placed nearby. There was a flash of light, and it was done.

"Wh-....what? I'm...glowing!?" Judy said.

"Me too! Holy shit.." Marco followed up with.

"I feel...incredible..!" Sarah said, looking at her slightly tinted blue hands from the glow.

"There's no time to figure out our powers, we gotta go!" Fionn interrupted.

The group all agreed, and one by one all entered the portal. Marco hung back, and looked at Ahri, seeming fast asleep, completely drained of all her energy. Like a hollow shell of a dead tree. It was an awful sight, she looked like she had aged 40 years in 5 minutes.

"Ahri...we'll get Y/N back,

....and save you!"

Marco took a deep breath, leaped into the portal, and that was that.

Ahri's eyes slightly opened, feeling the portal close and the room to a still quaint and quiet atmosphere. She could barely move her hand, no less the rest of her body. She managed to sit up, and was about to exhale in satisfaction when her face turned to a stern look.

"It look's like I overdid it...I'll probably have 3 days, tops." She said, as flakes of her skin faded away in opacity.

Without her energy, she would slowly turn back into a fox.