Forever hold your peace - Sabo

Running your fingertips over the golden envelope, you gave yourself one final opportunity to turn back. Anxiously jumping over the announcing words, the nauseating feeling, arising when reading them for the first time, threatened to return.

'Wedding...' 'Sabo...'

You traced each letter before pausing to the undesired name. Mentally playing tricks on yourself, your name not replacing the one besides his became a heavy disappointment each time.

You should turn back while you could. What else could be waiting other than a man gleefully counting down the hours to his big day?

Any rational actions and free will completely erased, you drew closer to the assigned groom's suite. Corridor filling with various men's laughter, you could pick out a distinct few. Prominently, his brothers making crude jokes at everyone's expense, at least somethings never changed.

Joining in on the jokes from a far, a smile and soft chuckle budded before a particular voice joined in. Trying to calm the rowdy crowd and return them to their last-minute preparations, you rushed towards as if he was calling specifically out to you.

Shoving the invitation deeply to the bottom of your purse, you carefully tried to peek in through opened door.

Cleared out area, he stood alone. Before the floor length mirror resting upon the wall, he nervously fidgeted with is navy collar.

In his presence, your overworked nerves relaxed. Quickly forgetting about any worries or hesitations, you silently witnessed his final preparations.

"You look great, Sabo." Spoken in a whisper, you carelessly let slip out.

Fumbling with the silver buttons upon his midnight vest, he suddenly stopped. Taking a quick glance beyond himself in the mirror, he caught sight of your unexpected figure. Holding his breath, he released in a soft gasp as you remained in the doorway as he turned.

"[Name]! Wow, I didn't think you were going to make it." A dash of relief washed over his face to seeing a long-desired soul before him.

You tried to hold it together, sucking in your lower lip threatening to quiver. "Of course, I wouldn't miss it for the world." You tried your best to smile, his making it all the harder to do so.

"Y-You look great," the words stuck in his throat as he shamelessly studied you up and down. Your navy dressed figure coming closer to him as he approached; his legs carrying him without needing prior permission.

Smiling brightly, he abruptly halted in his steps. "Wait, isn't it bad luck to see you before?"

You looked him over in a moment of puzzlement. Despite his nervous expression answering for his sincerity, you couldn't help but chuckle. "I think that's only for the bride, it's okay to see me."

Well, as okay that it was to meet an ex-love upon your wedding day. Pushing away any ill thoughts, you continued to chuckle to his face of realization dawning to your words a few moments after.

Growing more and more anxious as the minutes passed, his spiked nerves jumbled his once rational mind. "O-Oh, you're right," he sweated, turning his outward hand to rake through his once neatly set hair. Shagging up a few blond curls, his nerves overpowered the hours of work.

Sharing in a moment of laughter, it slowly died down. Meeting eye to eye, you enjoyed the momentary silence simply getting lost in his auburn colored eyes. Although the small slice of bliss couldn't last forever. Taking a slight step back, you tried to separate yourself before it was too late.

"It was nice to see you, but I should go now." Trying to push yourself to finish the ceremony, it was far too much. Difficult to see him in such a position; dressed and ready to give himself to another, it was the closure that you thought that you needed.