Chapter 1

5 Years Ago - Age 16

"Hi, you're a new student right?" A friendly girl asked me.

"Yes, " I replied shyly

It was the first day of school and I'm feeling a little bit of nervous cause I'm new at school. I just got back here in a little city Cebu since my mom wants me and my sisters to be with her. I grew up with my grandparents in Pampangga.

My mother's hometown is in Cebu and she wants us to stay there for us to know the other side of the family and to finish my studies there. I can't argue with it since I'm only 16. I need to follow every rule and obey them. So goodbye to my old friends and hello Cebu and new school.

The teacher arrived to our room and greeted everyone."Good morning class".

Every student stood up. "Good morning teacher" everyone replied with a smile on their faces.

I noticed someone looking at me. I looked at him and he smiled. He is friendly and quite cute as I look at him. I look away but he was still looking at me. It gave me a weird feeling. Is this the feeling of being a new student in this school?

Every new student should introduced themselves to the class and give one word that describes you. Unluckily, I'm the only new student in the class at this moment the level of my anxiety was so high. I stood up so that I can make this quick as possible.

"Hi.My name is Scarlette Rose"

As I introduced myself, I noticed again the guy who kept staring at me and every time my eyes glanced at him, he is always smiling, and gave me a feeling of calmness.

"Scarlette Rose, I'm Ms.Toni."

The teacher welcomes me and gave me a wonderful smile. She's very friendly and kind. Talking to her makes me feel light and comfortable. The level of my anxiety went down cause all of the people around me is friendly.

Since I'm the only new student, the teacher doesn't want to waste time. She wants all the students in class to introduce themselves for me to know everyone of them and for me not to feel uncomfortable for being the new kid. She's so smart and giving me an easy way to know everyone by their name.

The introduction began.

"Hi, my name is Pepper but you can call me Pep".

Pep is actually their valedictorian. Well being the top in class, she's very down to earth, like she acts she's not on top. The introduction continued and now finally the guy who won't stop staring at me.

"Hi, My name is Scott Adams, "he introduced himself with a big smile.

He's very tall, charming smile, tan skin, chinito brown eyes. He never stopped smiling at me.

Suddenly"I think Scott has a crush on Scarlette". The teacher said. "I never saw you smile like that ever since"

Scott just kept on smiling. First day of school and I was the topic of the day. Real smooth.

*

It's time for recess.

Finally, introductions over. All of my classmates went to the canteen to buy some foods. I'm not feeling to eat something so I decided to roam around the school and get to know the place since I'm new here.

"Hi, Scarlette. Would you like me to give you a you tour" Kendrick asked

"Yes, " I replied

. I noticed Scott looks at me, but he didn't wear that sweet smile I saw a while ago. I just look away and Kendrick began the tour. The school is very big. Many students were enrolled here and mostly are competitive not just in academic but also in sports, singing, dancing and all kinds of things. Kendrick is part of the basketball team. He offers me some clubs for me join, but I told him to think about it since I'm new here and I just want to survive this school year.