2. Piper

(A day after settling in Oklahoma)

Piper finally had time to think about Jason,and she knew that she couldn't keep hiding from the fact that he was dead.But thinking about it made it hurt all over again. Maybe if she didn't break up with him,this might had never happened.

Well,the damage was done,she'd be stuck with the guilt of killing Jason for the rest of her life.

It could have been her, but even after she broke up with him, Jason had died trying to protect her. If Jason had told her, maybe they could have worked a way out of this prophecy.

She knew Annabeth would  tell her that it wasn't her fault, and that she couldn't fight a prophecy. Even so, she felt like it was all because of her. Annabeth would know what to do,she thought. She was going to call her before remembering the communication problem. Part of her wanted to keep Jason's death to herself,she didn't want to give more sad news to the others. However,it didn't feel feel right.  For once, Piper wished she was back on the Argo II, sailing with her friends. Life had been hard,it was better compared to this, she thought bitterly. The one chance of love I have,and I blow it! And I'm a daughter of Aphrodite,she thought.

Suddenly something clicked into her brain. Aphrodite, of course, why didn't she think of it before? Her own mother was the goddess of love, she could have easily willed Jason to die.

Why? She wanted to yell. What did I do to you?
"Oh, my dear, it was nothing personal."

Suddenly,she found Aphrodite sitting right next to her.

"Nothing personal!"

"You can still save him, dear. And for your information honey, it wasn't me killed him, it was as required by the fates."

Piper felt like punching her mother. Oh wait! She couldn't.

"You couldn't be any more vaguer, mother. You see,he's dead!"Piper yelled

Aphrodite sighed," The details you will have to figure out yourself,but for that, you might need some help."

And just like that, Piper was standing in her bunk in Camp Half-Blood.