Do you have something to tell me?

Chuuya stirred, he moved around, he was comfortable. He felt his body sink into a cushioned...bed? He was still wearing his clothes and these sheets were NOT his own. His sheets were cooler and silkier. 

He liked having nice sheets, it's not like working in the mafia makes you poor.

Chuuya kept his eyes closed, he remembered what happened yesterday. The whole debacle with Dazai and the last thing he remembered was passing out in his arms.

Chuuya frowned and his face went red, that was embarrassing.  He wasn't a damsel in distress, nor was he a blinded by love fool.

Chuuya hated several things and two of them being, people who act like a damsel in distress and people who let thier emotions blind them.

Chuuya could be accused of being guilty of the latter, such as when he gets blinded by rage, such as when Ranpo tricked him. 

Chuuya didn't necessarily hate himself, he hated how impulsive he could be. Maybe, just maybe, that's part of the reason he respected Dazai, his ability to plan things out in advance and not act rash. 

It was a good counter to his impulsive nature. Maybe that was why Mori-san paired them up. Or maybe he had more than one reason.

"Chuuya, I know you're awake." Dazai sat on the bed, sinking and forming it, "I told a colleague of mine to come over. You may know her, Yosano? Now Chuuya-Kun, Do you have anything to tell me?" 

Chuuya shoved Dazai off the bed, "Why am I here?" 

"Because I was worried," Dazai spoke in almost a whisper.

Chuuya Sighed and sat up, He didn't meet his prying eyes. 

Dazai, was weird, to say the least. What Dazai just said, now that was weird. Even for Dazai. Dazai's expression of concern isn't much, and it was never direct like that. 

"Chuuya?" 

"Are you sure you're ok?" Chuuya asked, dodging the question.

"Answer the question, dammit!" Dazai grabbed Chuuya's shoulders, "I want to hear it from you, not what Yosano told me." 

Chuuya could see Dazai's eyes, they were red and puffy, and even now he seemed to be holding back tears.

"I have Hanahaki." 

"Why didn't you tell me?" Dazai pulled Chuuya in for a hug.

At first, Chuuya was still before he melted like chocolate into his arms he pressed his eyes closed blocking the sea of tears. Some broke through, thus Dazai wiped the few drops away. Chuuya made sure to make no mention of the heart beating in his chest a little more rapidly because of the darker haired male.

"Who is it?" Dazai ran his fingers through Chuuya's hair, twirling it in his fingers.

Chuuya would never say it, but he had a thing for Dazai's hands.

Chuuya didn't say anything.

"Chuu?" Dazai raised an eyebrow.

"Haven't you already figured out, Mackrel? You're smart." Chuuya closed his eyes so he couldn't see his face.

"Well, uh, yes." Dazai smirked, "Where're your words though?"

Chuuya frowned, he opened his mouth to say something, but he just couldn't speak. Or breath for that matter. 

The only thing that came out of his mouth was the lowly rasping voice that couldn't quite speak, and soon enough the rasping was gone as more flowers crawled its way up his throat.