The Un-wanted 109

20th December, 1943.

Me and my copilot are flying over Berlin, hundreds of B17's surround us. Then the flak comes in, thick and heavy. Then a squad of 190s and 109s intercept us, the gunners immediately open fire, 50.calibers everywhere. The noise inside the plane was ear splitting, then, I hear a Big Bang. Then a clog, next minute I know we have our gunner screaming "WE HAVE AN ENGINE FIRE! ENGINE 4!" As I fought for stability, I turned down then RPM for the engine to help decrease the fire. It did nothing but spread it. I knew this would be the end for us. Our rear gunner gets hit, he shouts for help. With everyone already struggling for survival, no one came to him. Now not only was we a man down, we had a 109 on our tail. He knew we was badly hurt, and he knew our crew was injured. He fires, a cannon round hits us, it flys straight through the fuselage and hits the cockpit. I loose all control over the aircraft. We start diving towards the ground. Our death was inevitable because after all. You won't get out. Not when it dives at 300 Knots. But, you see. There is a beast, Deep inside you. It will not die. It will fight back! Our rear gunner, despite being mortally wounded, shouts "IF IM GOING TO DIE, ILL BRING ONE OF THESE BASTARDS DOWN WITH ME!" He sprays as much as he can. A bullet hits him. The gunner shouts again 'He's on fire! He's going down!' Now at 5 thousand feet, and over 300 knots, our wing rips off. The plane goes into a spiral of death and the crew is chucked around the plane like rag-dolls. Me and my copilot manage to hold onto the seat, he whispers "Good bye my sweet love" while holding a picture of his wife. I couldn't help but shed a tear, the cockpit window smashes,the mighty force of the wind pushes me to the back of the plane, I manage to escape through the emergency door... The others weren't so lucky.