three

To Ida,

All this time that I've been checking out your books, I've started to notice something.

You are exquisite.

You're not the kind of pretty that a model would be; far from it actually. You aren't skinny. You have acne dotting your chin and cheeks. You don't have a sharp jawline or perfect cheekbones. You still have your baby cheeks, and they make your face look round when you giggle and smile at your books. You aren't tan, it's more of a pale porcelain color like on my mother's Christmas dolls. You have glasses and are shorter than just about every other person in the high school population.

No, you couldn't achieve model status, but none of that really matters anyway. I like you without model status. I like you with your messy sand colored hair, cropped just below your color bone. I like you with your hazel eyes.

Your laugh is like Christmas morning. I would do anything to hear it all the time. It jingles and rings, and anyone who is stupid enough to ignore that kind of magic is a complete idiot.

You are not pretty in a normal way, but gosh, when when you smile, it lights up your face in the most gorgeous way possible.

You are so much better than my homework.

From, Rio