Chapter 25

"Uh, Hare?"

He's been staring at you, deep thought. He knows he needs to do this right - perfectly - for your sake. Presently, you are with Harry in his office, sitting on his lap while helping him with some paperwork.

"Hm?"

"You're staring at me again. Did I do something?" You tilt your head a bit in confusion at his behaviour.

"No, no, you're fine," he says quickly with a smile, "just thinking, that's all."

You give him a small, somewhat unconvinced smile in return, before turning back to the task at hand. You truly were the best part of him and Harry knew you deserved to be told as much.

Before he met you, he didn't care about getting hurt in the field. He didn't care that he could potentially die so long as the job got done. He didn't care about anyone else except his team, his business, and himself (and usually even then it leaned more toward himself). He didn't have anyone to return home to, so why would anyone care?

And then he met you.

You've changed his entire world - your shy smile, your gleeful laughter, your everything. He has found something precious, something valuable, that he wanted to protect at all costs. So he would always make sure every time you see him, he wasn't injured, he wasn't a mess, but a whole man who was trying to be better for you. Because maybe, just maybe, you'd have it in your heart to accept and forgive everything about him and heal him.

And you did, without even trying, with all your heart and soul.

"How about I come home early tonight and we can get dinner and spend some time together?" he asks you suddenly, hands running over your arms. He knows that he wants to propose in your garden, somewhere you'd spent so much time and attention on making good again. Just like you had him.

"Yeah, I'd like that," you reply, kissing his cheek and smiling. He gives you a gentle kiss before moving his chair back for you to get off his lap.

"Get Allen to take you home, okay?" Harry runs a hand through his dark hair.

"I will, I will," you agree, pulling his glasses off his face and kissing his nose sweetly. "Don't you be late, though, okay?"

"Wild horses couldn't keep me away," he promises, taking your hand and kissing the back of it. You give him back his glasses and make your way out of his office. He watches you leave, knowing he wouldn't dare be late. Not tonight. Not for what he had planned. Harry knows he'd sacrifice everything for you. His company, his team, even his life. All for you to keep living, to keep gracing this world with your unconditional love.

The love that he knows he would never get enough of. Harry knows deep in his heart that you love him just as much, too. You didn't have to say anything for him to know this. You took a leap of faith into his dangerous world and stayed because he matters to you. Just as his happiness, his life, everything that makes up Harrison Wells, matters to you. His good and bad qualities are what you love and want.

The mob boss spends the rest of the day organizing things for that evening at home, making sure that every last detail would be utterly perfect for you.

Harry even had the Inner Circle help him out with the process. Barry went out with a list of things to acquire. Once the Speedster returned, he handed Cisco the fairy lights and told him to "get to work." Cisco arranged them beautifully to accent the garden for your dinner date while Caitlin had kept the garden in tip-top shape. Iris had gone out to fetch you a cute dress which she and Barry would hand to you the very moment you arrived home.

After the pair pick you up and take you home, they whisk you upstairs, as Harry waits a while before coming up to check on you.

"Flower?" he calls out as he walks into your shared bedroom, wearing his crisp white shirt under a black suit. He holds a stemless, small white flower. Once he sees you in your new dress, his mouth drops a bit as he eyes you up.