Ch. 3 -Time Flies, Doesn't It-

After Toshiaki left, things were pretty boring. The homes were rebuilt and Akela loved her new home. Phoenix’s and Luna’s territories were now the combined and Luna let Phoenix take most of the control. She helped here and there, but it was mostly things that involved her citizens. She also was busy watching Akela who had been growing up just like her dad. She was tough, smart, and could be very stupid at times. Piper told Akela, Luna, and Kraken stories of Toshiaki when they were kids. Piper also taught Akela how to fight, along with Kraken and Luna. Kraken and Phoenix had started dating and things were going smoothly. 

    It was early afternoon when everyone was outside working. Things were normal and great. That was until the village was attacked, again. Kraken was the first one to hear the footsteps of the enemies coming. It was the centaurs again. Without a second to waste, everyone had gotten into fighting positions. The centaurs, once again, came with satyrs. Everyone tried fighting but were soon knocked out. The centaurs had gotten stronger. Akela was the only one left. She tried to fight them off, but she couldn’t. Then all of a sudden, two satyrs kicked the back of her knees, and held her by her arms. Exactly the same way as they did to her father. Akela closed her eyes and hoped for this to be over with. 

    Suddenly she felt a strong gust of wind  blowing past her. The wind blew the satyrs away and pushed back the centaur. Akela looked behind her and saw a cloaked figure. 

    “Long time, no see, huh? Joey?” Said the cloaked figure. Akela didn't know what to do. She looked around at both of them.

              "Not long, enough. Toshiaki." Said the centaur. Akela remember that was her father's name. The cloaked figure took off his cloak and presented his scar over his right eye. He then vanished. He put back on his hood and smiled. But soon enough he reappeared behind Joey the centaur. He tried hitting him but missed. The cloaked figure vanished once more. Akela now knew the mysterious figure’s name, Toshiaki. Then you could hear him laughing, but he was nowhere to be found. While Joey was looking behind him, Toshiaki reappeared in front of Akela.

               "Guess what?! I know Shadow and blood bending!" Toshiaki screamed as shadows grabbed Joey. He struggled and finally, he admitted defeat.

                 "Okay, okay. You win." Joey said with a sigh. The figure laughed and let him go. 

                  "If you ever hurt my family again, I'll kill you in return. Now be gone." Joey retreated and his followers followed behind. Toshiaki turned towards Akela and bowed. Akela was quick, she got her knife and had it to his throat. 

                  "Clever girl. Just like me." Toshiaki said. Akela demanded answers. He laughed and simply said sure. The others had gotten up and realized what had happened. Everyone quickly drew their weapons at Toshiaki. Toshiaki looked around at his family. Phoenix had a flame sword. Phoenix had trained in the fire realm, but he rarely used spells. Kraken had a pulse pistol. Kraken practiced with it daily, so now was his time to test himself. Piper had her hunting crossbow, but she was using her poison arrows. Finally, Luna had her pulse glass dagger. Pulse weapons were rechargeable weapons that you could command with touching. Pulse knives were usually commanded like that, but with pistols or guns, they could knockback your enemy as far as you wanted and could also be a normal gun. 

    Toshiaki took his time analyzing everyone. He looked Phoenix dead in the eyes. A moment passed, then Toshiaki busted out laughing. Everyone looked at each other. Then Phoenix demanded answers. Toshiaki said he would give them once more. 

    “Perhaps, this might help.” Toshiaki said while taking off his hood and once again, presenting his scar to everyone. That scar on his face was old, but it was his signature look. Toshiaki wasn’t different in personality, but in looks. He had fresh scars and he had markings on his body. He took off the cloak to show that he was wearing a tank top and his favorite jeans. His arms had symbols on both of them. He had one on his neck.