Ch. 2 -The Calling-

Toshiaki begun to run as fast as he could to the call he heard. He ran so fast he ran into the person who was calling him. He hit them at full force so they both went tumbling down a steep hill. Toshiaki hit almost everything on his body. But he got up anyway and played it off the best he could. 

    “I’m Toshiaki. I heard your call and came over as fast as I could.” He nervously chuckled. He should have worded his introduction differently. He stumbled back in pain from his legs. 

“It’s alright. I’m Mayumi. My clan has been calling for you. But their busy fighting off in the east.” Mayumi said while putting her hand out for a handshake. Toshiaki shook her hand.

“Who are they fighting?” Asked Toshiaki. Mayumi said just another clan. She then proceeded to circle around Toshiaki, inspecting him. Mayumi met his eyes finally and she paused. Her eyes went from shocked to relaxed. 

“You’re quite strong, aren’t you?” Mayumi said while looking into Toshiaki’s eyes. This made Toshiaki think about Luna’s eyes and how soft and caring they were. She had beautiful, dark brown eyes. He thought about the first time he saw Akela’s eyes. Akela’s eyes were a dark, stone grey. He started to miss home. He decided to hurry this up. 

“So what’s going on? Why am I here and not with the rest of the clan?” Said Toshiaki. Mayumi stopped staring at him and looked up. 

“They told me to tell you to prepare.” Said Mayumi. She began to explain that Toshiaki’s father was the head of the clan and he had said to train. Toshiaki’s father wanted Toshiaki to train and get stronger before meeting. He wanted this because the clan always faced attackers and he wanted to make sure Toshiaki would be okay. 

“He also said to be back here in a year.” Said Mayumi. 

“Wait an entire year?! What the hell?!” Said Toshiaki enraged. 

“Yeah, he wants you to, ya know, get stronger.”Said Mayumi kicking the ground. She was annoyed at all of Toshiaki’s questions. 

“But why a year? It doesn’t make sense.” Said Toshiaki trying to figure out why.

“Look genius, do you want to meet your REAL family, or not?” Said Mayumi pissed. Toshiaki paused and turned and grabbed Mayumi by the neck and slammed her back on a nearby tree. 

“My “real” family abandoned me and left me for dead. My other family saved me and has been in my life unlike you bastards!” Toshiaki yelled. He then let go of Mayumi and began to storm off. Mayumi fell to the ground, she got up slowly. 

“Look, are you coming back in a year to this spot?” Asked Mayumi out of breath. 

“Fine. Why not. Let’s meet this screwed up family.” Said Toshiaki storming off into the forest. He headed towards home. 

He shortly arriving home, he plopped down on the log near his house that was still a pile of dirt. Kraken and Phoenix were the ones to find Toshiaki. They were talking about their date. 

    “So that lunch was delicious. When would you like to- AHHH!” Kraken was cut off when he saw Toshiaki covered in dirt and sweat. He startled both of them. Toshiaki would have asked them about their date but he was too tired and hurt, both emotionally and physically. He just sat there as Phoenix sat next to him. 

    “Hey are you okay? Luna told us what happened.” Phoenix said. Kraken had started to sit next to Toshiaki. This was the first time they had been in person since Luna and Toshiaki were making negotiations. 

“Look, just tell us what happened. We won’t judge.” Said Kraken he felt bad for Toshiaki and all he went through. He felt like he could relate to him.