~ Chapter 2 ~

After school, Rin rushed home to change and get ready. She needed to look nice and presentable to Miku and  Kaito, even though he was a jerk. It was 3:30, and she had 1 hour until she met up with Miku and Kaito. 

Rin searched desperately through her closet, trying to find the perfect outfit. After all, she needed to win Miku over Kaito. She wore a yellow t-shirt and white jacket, with white shorts and her signature bow.

Hopefully Miku will like it, Rin thought as she nervously walked to Miku's recording studio, which was not far from her home. She stood outside, her heart pounding in her chest, nervous. After what felt like an eternity, the teal haired girl walked out of her studio, making Rin melt on the spot. Miku was wearing a sleeveless sky blue dress with blue ribbons in her hair. She wore blue tights with a heartwarming smile that could get all the guys to do her bidding.

"Hello Rin!" Miku greeted as Rin stood in her place, panicking.

"Y-you look stunning," Rin blurted out. She realized what she said quickly, covering her mouth and her face turning a bright shade of red.

"Oh. Thank you," Miku replied politely, blushing a little bit.

They walked to the cinema in awkward silence. As they approached the building, Rin and Miku saw Kaito, wearing a shorter white jacket, navy blue scarf, and a blue shirt with jeans. He greeted Miku warmly and glared at Rin before presenting a blue rose to Miku.

"Wow! It's beautiful! Thank you so much, Kaito," Miku said gratefully, blushing more than Rin's compliment. 

"Thank you. I picked it myself," Kaito said, smiling, thankful he got Rin to glare at him in jealousy. 

"Do you know what movie you both want to watch?" Miku asked the two people sending knives at each other. 

"Anything you want!" Kaito said.

"I'll pay for the tickets," Rin offered, Kaito surprised at her move.

Miku chose a comedy movie and Rin paid for their tickets. The 3 vocaloids grabbed popcorn and candy before heading to the dark theater.

"The movie was so short," Rin said, looking at her phone, which read 5:30 PM. 

"Then let's go to an ice cream shop I know of!" Kaito exclaimed, gently taking Miku's hand at the same time, causing Miku to blush. Rin felt disappointed, because Miku was holding his hand back, and they were smiling at each other, blushing. They continued to hold hands throughout the walk to the ice cream shop, which made Rin feel like a third wheel, and like she lost Miku to him. 

Kaito and Miku placed their orders as the person working with them grabbed their ice creams.

"Rin? Do you want anything?" Miku asked the blonde haired girl, looking very disappointed. 

"N-no. I'm fine, I just don't want any sweets right now," Rin replied, which was partly a lie. She didn't want Kaito here and he made her feel like a timid useless third wheel in this group, since some people already said they would make a good couple along the way. Miku looked at her, sensing something was wrong. 

"Rin, are you alright? Something is off," Miku remarked. Rin shook her head.

"I don't think I'm feeling good," Rin bluntly said, before leaving. She could feel Kaito's evil eyes and Miku's worried glances as she left for home. 

Rin fell onto her bed at home, looking at the ceiling. She lost Miku to Kaito already, but there was still some hope. She could befriend Miku and confess later, but it'll take a long time. She could try confessing now, but she'll get rejected, most likely. Rin fell asleep in her thoughts, having another nightmare, about a sleepover. Kaito and Miku were in the closet playing 7 minutes in Heaven, and Miku said they were a thing now. It caused Rin to run out the house far away, where Kaito found her, and killed her. Then she heard Kaito's fake screams as she died, in the middle of nowhere, far from home.