~ Chapter 5 ~

They arrived at Luka and Gakupo's home, a 2 story white house with a magenta border and fence. Miku grabbed her bags and rang the doorbell, and Luka opened it. Although Rin was a few feet away, she saw blue hair grabbing Miku's bags for her. Kaito. Instantly a pang of jealousy went through Rin.

"Hey Rin, you coming?" Len asked his sister, which shook her out of her thoughts.

"Yeah yeah! I'm coming!" Rin answered, dashing towards the front door.

Inside, the living room was decorated with pink and purple fairy lights and the TV was on, and Len, Gakupo, and Kaito were watching a sports game. Luka was in the kitchen with Miku and Gumi, setting up food like pizza and chicken wings. They laughed and chatted, and Miku noticed Rin standing there, and waved her over. Rin approached the older girls.

"Hey Rin!" Luka smiled as Rin stood next to Miku, slightly blushing from how close they were.

"Hey Luka, hi Gumi," Rin replied back.

"What are you guys doing right now?" Luka asked them.

"Oh, um-" Rin started before Miku continued, "Kaito and I are being rumored to be dating," in a casual tone.

Luka and Gumi gasped in surprise, looking at Miku and Kaito back and fourth. Rin looked at the floor, a little heartbroken, like some of her hopes died. And they kind of did.

"Are you really dating though?" Rin asked Miku in an innocent tone. The tealette was hit with guilt, but she couldn't understand why she felt that way. Was it the way Rin's eyes looked somehow dull, somehow sad? Like she was about to cry if Miku told her the wrong answer?

"No, but we've been pretty close lately. I guess we just seem like a couple now."

Rin mumbled an "oh". Miku awkwardly stood and stared at the kitchen counter.

"You know, you guys would be a good couple."

Gumi looked at Miku with a reassuring smile. "You guys are a really good ship, in my opinion," she quickly added.

Rin heart broke into pieces. If one of her close friends is saying that, shouldn't she give up already? The public thinks they're dating, Gumi says they should date, what else? Rin can't turn the path backwards anymore, or veer it into her path. It's no use, she thought to herself, I should just support them as a couple.

"Yeah, maybe you guys should date..." Rin said, her voice saying something against her own will. She looked at Miku with a sad smile. Miku saw the sadness, the mask that covered Rin's heartbroken feelings. She did not mention it, though, even though it made her want to break down and cry.

"I'm going upstairs. Call me if anything happens," Rin dismissed herself, walking to the stairs, before slowly starting to run upstairs, as fast as she could, to her room she was staying in, closed the door and cried into her pillow, sobbing for who knows how long.

Len noticed his twin bolting up the stairs, and quickly left the sofa to follow Rin into her room. He pressed his ear against her door, he heard quiet sniffs and sobs. He quietly knocked on the door.

"Rin? Can I come in?" he whispered. After a pause, he silently opened the door, letting the dim light from downstairs shine through. Rin was laying down on her sleeping bag, crying into her pillow like the world's about to end.

"What happened? Who did this?" Len asked his crying sister, shutting the door quickly.

"M-miku..." she managed out. "...dating... K-kai..."

"Oh..." Len whispered. The rumors were breaking Rin to pieces, slowly.

Suddenly, something clicked into place.