18| I Want You

Ariana

"You guys kissed" Nurse Samantha squeals and I quickly quiet her down using calming hand gestures. I laugh as she covers her mouth and looks around. Jonny was asleep on the chair next to me because he fell asleep there last night and wouldn't go home no matter how many times I told him to.

"Shush woman. He's literally right there" I remind her.

"I know, I'm sorry. It's just, I didn't think you guys would ever get together and it was killing me" she claims and I laugh.

"Yeah, me too. But I'm doing good and I'm close to getting out of here. I don't want to back track after being so close to having what I want more than anything and it's to be free if this place, but I was so tired of not telling him how I felt" I insist.

"Did you tell him you love him" she whispers and I smile.

"I did. Right after he told me he loves me" I admit and she jumps up and down. She silently claps her hands and pulls me into a hug.

"I'm so happy for you guys" she says.

"Thanks. But you cannot say a word" I warn.

"My lips are sealed" she claims as she locks a imaginary lock and throws the key away.

She finishes up with checking on me and Jonathan wakes up not too long after she leaves. He comes over to me and without a word pulls me into a kiss and I smile big. I could used to starting my day off like that.

"I'm gonna take Lady out since we kinda left her in here last night. I can pick up something for breakfast at the food court, what would you like" he wonders.

"Some fresh fruit would be great" I admit.

"Okay, I'll see you soon" he promises. He gives me a quick kiss before I pull him into another one. My fingers get tangled in his sweatshirt as I make sure he doesn't go anywhere before I got to show him how I felt.

"I love you" I remind him.

"I love you too" he smiles real big.

I watch him grab Lady and take her out. I smile as I watch him disappear and let out a long sigh. What a past few hours it's been?

A few minutes later a woman walks in and looks at me weird. She looks at the door to make sure she was in the right spot but she stayed so I guess she was.

"Uh Hey" I say not really sure what to do.

"Hello. I was looking for Jonathan Toews. The people at the front desk said he would be in here" she admits.

"He just went out but he should be back soon. Can I ask who's asking for him" I wonder. Didn't want to cause him any troubles after he worked so hard to get past them. This way I can warn him someone's looking for him. 

"I'm his girlfriend Taylor" she says and my eyes go big. Well this is just another problem of its own.

"Oh" I whisper.

"Are you the girl he saved from that car crash" she question.

"Umm yeah. That's me" I say softly.

"Oh! Well it's nice to meet you" she smiles. I remember Jonny telling me that his ex-girlfriend was awful but she introduced her as his girlfriend so I don't know if this is the same girl or not. He never talked much about any girl as the matter of fact so I wouldn't know.

Finally Jonny comes back and I continue to fiddle with my hands in my lap. He stops in the doorway when he sees Taylor standing there and he furrows his eyebrows as he lets Lady into the room. He had my fruit in his hand as he not so happily puts it down on the desk.

"Why in the hell are you here" he asks her.

"Because I wanted to see you baby" she claims. I just shake my head because I was so stupid. I was so blinded that I couldn't see what was happening. I didn't want to think about him with another girl outside of here but I should have known.

"Baby? What on earth are you talking about? I haven't talked to you in months and seen you even longer than that. We haven't been together since July and I don't know what I need to say to you to get it through your head that we're done. Shouldn't have even started" he claims. I look up and see him as angry as I've ever seen him. It looked like he was going to pop a top off as he grilled this girl.

"You said you wanted to make it work" she claims.

"I did, but that was a long time ago. I wouldn't give up what I have now for a million years with you Taylor. We weren't going to work, no matter how hard I tried and not matter how much you played with me it was never going to work. Do you understand" he asks.

"I don't" she admits.

"And so you never will. So all you need to know is that I'm in love with that girl sitting in that bed and nothing will get in my way of spending the rest of my life with her. And it works best if you would just please leave me the hell alone" he begs.

"Really" she asks.

"Really really" he replies.

She lets out a grunt before turning around and walking out. He watches her go before closing the door behind her. She looks in my room one last time but not at him, she looks straight at me and I swallow hard. She eventually disappears and Jonny turns to me. I continue to nervously mess with my fingers in my lap as I try to figure out what just happened.

"What did she say to you" he asks.

"She asked where her boyfriend Jonathan was" I say softly and he lets out a groan.

"We're not together. I don't think we were ever officially together and certainly not any time recently" he claims.

"I just don't get it. If you guys aren't together then why is she here looking for you asking for her boyfriend" I ask.

"I don't know. I wish like hell I knew why that girl wants to hurt me so bad but I don't" he defends.

"If you want to see her again that's fine. I mean, it's not like we're together technically. If she's what you want-" I start.

"I want you! Okay? Is that what you want to hear" he asks.

"I-" I stutter.

"I know it sounds crazy but I want you. I haven't thought about her since I've been stuck here with you for over three months now. It's you who is running through my head and it's you that I care about. I told you that she was a mistake I made one too many times and I stand by that. She's here to mess with your brain and to try to hurt me. She knows the only way to hurt me is to hurt the only thing I care about most and that you Ari" he says. I pat the spot next to me on the bed and he walks over. He sits down next to me and I grab his hand.

"I trust you" I say softly and he turns to me. His tense expression calms as his eyes meet mine.

"I'm sorry I raised my voice. I just... I can't let her ruin something else for me. I can't let my bad decisions of my past trip me up again. Not when I have so much to lose" he explains.

"It's okay, Jon. I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to be right by your side wherever you go until you tell me any different" I promise.