십일 • Guns and knives

Chapter 11
_____________________

Jungkook's POV

The situation in the kitchen was tense and ice cold.

I felt trapped and couldn't find any escape route. However, the only goal I had in mind was to get mom out of here safe.

Just as I was about to lose hope and feel helpless, I saw a human figure hiding in our backyard from the clear kitchen back door.

I was kind of relieved and excited to receive help but then confused when he disappeared from my sight.

"You." One of the men said while pointing his index finger to me and gave me a stuck up look.

"Aren't you going to save your mom? Huh little kid?"

"What a fucking useless son." Another one spat on me.

Both of them made discriminating comments while the one sitting down laughed like some maniac.

My free hands curled into a tight fist and I was squeezing hard to not lash out on them.

I was keeping myself composed until another comment was made.

"What? Are you mad? Do you want to fight, you bastard"

My eyes glared towards the three guys while my heart starts to beat faster.

I don't mind having another spar after a Jujitsu class.

I'm gonna kill you. A sardonic remark escaped through my mouth with much rage.

I was ready to pounce on them and give them a medicine of their own actions until the sound of a gun firing stopped me in my tracks.

The gold plated bullet bust through the glass window opposite us and made it's way through one of the guy's chest.

The sudden action made mom squealed and screamed for her life, it caught her by surprise.

As they were distracted by the sudden attack, I took the cue to hit one of them on the neck and kicked the other in his torso.

One unconscious, and another too hurt to recover from the kick.

The whole time this happened, mom wasn't the only one who watched me fight the thugs, the man that I saw earlier finally came in through the back door.

I was glad that it was none other than my dad.

I took a turn and helped mum out. I snatched a scissors nearby and cut the rope apart, and untangled the rag that was covering mom's mouth.

Once I freed her out from the torturous position, she suddenly burst out of tears and hugged me while patting my back.

"I'm so glad you're alright son. Thank you." Her words were muffled while I layed my chin on her head as a sign of reassurance.

She was shaking mildly out of fear and trauma.

Dad suddenly embraced the both of us as he neared us and said, "Jungkook," he paused.

"You're a brave warrior for protecting your mom. I'm proud of you son."

I gave dad a small smile and finally released myself from the family hug.