Sam Wilson

Chapters Aren't Edited.

Two Years Later

Elise got out of her car with joggers, a sweat jacket and her phone. She had her earbuds in her ears and the cord plugged into her cellphone. Her friend---that she had met a few months ago---had invited her to go on a run with him. She could see him already jogging up ahead, getting a head start.

She stretched first before closing her door and taking off jogging---on the trail---behind her friend. She put her earbuds in her ear before putting her jazz and classical music on shuffle.

While jogging, she was able to clear her mind. It had been two years since the battle in New York and, if she was being honest with herself, she missed being in action with The Avengers. She wasn't a team person but they made her feel like she was apart of the team. In the two years since, she took a break from the field missions and stayed at SHIELD's new headquarters during missions from there. She trained new recruits and handled smaller missions.

She had been getting counseling, well not counseling, a therapy group for veterans. She was quite the veteran; but she had met her friend there. He ran the program and suggested it for her. Him and the members of the group were the only ones who knows about her past and what she was going through now. They couldn't relate to everything but they still offered their support and help and that was what she needed the most.

She jogged next to her friend and he looked over to her. "Oh, you finally showed up."

Shrugging, she took one of her earbuds out of her ear. "Been busy. You know how it is."

"Yeah." He said. "Been up since dawn this morning."

"Still can't sleep?"

They continued jogging. "The nightmares never stops."

"Try jazz music."

He was about to respond but a body ran past them. "On your left." The person said and Elise instantly recognized him as Steve Rogers aka Captain America.

She had only seen Natasha, Tony and Barton since the New York battle. The others were MIA to her; but, she couldn't fault them for moving on with their lives. "Guy's been doing that since I started." He said to her.

The pair continued jogging and talking with one another. Five minutes later, they felt a breeze fly past them. "On your left."

"Uh-huh, on my left. Got it!" He replied back. Elise chuckled when she noticed how upset her friend was getting by Steve running laps around him.

She didn't mind. She wasn't in any rush. They continued jogging for a few minutes before Elise felt a presence quickly coming up behind them. She glanced behind her before snickering again.

"Don't say it! Don't you say it!" He shouted out.

Steve ran past them again. "On your left!"

 "On your left!"