Bucky

Steve and Elise still inside the Helicarrier looked down at Bucky below them. He gently pushed her away. "You have to go, Elise!"

She shook her head. "No, you know I can't." She stood next to him. "We are the ones who understand this." She told him, repeating what she had told him on the bridge before looking down at Bucky, who was stuck under some fallen rubble. Taking a deep breath, she nodded shortly. "We're in this together." He nodded his head. Just then, the helicarrier took a hit and they felt the carrier falling. "We have to get him out of here."

They helped Bucky out from being trapped under some fallen rubble. "You know me." Was the first thing that he said.

Bucky lashed out at Steve in anger "No, I don't!"

"Bucky..." Elise forced that out of her mouth. "You've known him your whole life." She added.

He chose to ignore her words as he hits Steve but Steve chose not to fight back. "Your name is James Buchanan Barnes." Bucky hits Steve again. Just as Elise went to help, Steve stopped her. "Don't do it, Elise."

She groaned when Bucky hit him again. She wanted to help and normally she would've done it anyways; but, he told her not to and she didn't want to fight or hurt Bucky, as well. "Shut up!" Bucky shouted.

Steve took off his mask. "Steve, what are you doing?" She asked, taking a step closer as he dropped his shield out of the Helicarrier too.

"I'm not gonna fight you. You're my friend." He told him.

Bucky pushed Steve to the ground. "You're my mission." He then mercilessly punched Steve repeatedly across the face. "You're my mission!"

"Steve!" Elise felt powerless as she waited for a sign that Steve wanted her to interfere. She knew he needed help but he didn't want it.

"Then finish it."

"Bucky, please." She said behind them.

He hesitated while holding his fist up. "Cause I'm with you to the end of the line." Steve finished.

Bucky looked at Steve as if he was starting to remember just then the bottom of the Helicarrier fell sending Steve down into the river below.

"Steve!" Elise shouted as Bucky watched from the Helicarrier. "Steel-- Bucky..." She softly placed her hand on his non-prosthetic shoulder and to her surprise he didn't shrug it off. He slowly looked away from the scene below to look into her hazel-green eyes. "We have to help him."

He looked away from her. "I can't."

She sighed before looking away down at the water. It wasn't like she could swim. She was an okay swimmer before the accident; but fire and water didn't mix. When she was in huge bodies of water, it felt painful to her skin like sharp knives stabbing her. It always made her feel weaker and it dampened her powers. It could kill her if she was in there for a long time. Bucky silently watched her as she let out a shaky breath. "I can do this." She said within that shaky breath. "For Steve."

He noticed how much this troubled her and he wanted to stop her but his words wouldn't form. She then jumped down out of the carrier and he watched her as her body plummeted to the bottom.

As soon as the water had hit her body, instant pain shot through it. She had already started feeling weaker as she held her breath, looking around for Steve's body. Almost to the bottom, she saw his unconscious body sinking down. She started swimming down to him but the deeper she swam, the harder it got for her.

When she got to him, she reached her arms out, wrapped her one of her arms around his waist as she tried to swim back to the back. Steve was heavier than she wrongfully assumed. She couldn't hold her breath anymore. She felt lightheaded, weak, faint as she struggled to get to the top.

Her eyes began to get heavy as well as her body. It felt like she had heavy anchors wrapped around her, trying to pull her down. Her vision started blurring as she felt her grip on Steve loosen. Just as her eyes started to close and her arm almost falling off of his, a body jumped into the water.

Moments away, an unconscious Steve and almost unconscious Elise were being pulled out of the water. Bucky had her thrown over his shoulder while dragging Steve---by the foot---onto the shore. He dropped his foot down before dropping Elise down next to Steve before he turned and started walking away. Elise's eyes watched as he watched away before they slowly started to close.