7.- Our little home

I changed the writing style a little bit🤷‍♀️ and I'm so so sorry I haven't updated in almost two months😖

Words count: 1903

"We couldn't find her, sir. We have looked everywhere around the safe zone, nothing to be found."

"Are you sure? She must be there somewhere. She can't be dead..."

'I kinda hope she is...'

"Minerva,"

The redheaded girl snapped back to reality by blinking twice. Lee was looking at her in the eyes seriously but feared.
"Go around and ask people if they saw anything, okay?"

'I really don't want to, I don't care about her, but if somebody saw her or anything, Lee would actually like me and I would be one of his favorites...'

"Yes, sir." she replied. Lee nodded his head. She was about to walk away, but he interrupted her. "Thanks for telling me about her."
"No problem."

~

"Look! Is that a turtle?" Louis asked, excited.
Clem saw the 'turtle' Louis was pointing at, she picked it up, but it turned out it was just its carapace. Poor turtle...
"Oh...never mind..." he said sadly. He also had a turtle, that's why he was upset. Geoff. He got him on his eighth birthday from his dad. When the apocalypse broke, he had never seen him again.

"Guys! There it is!" James announced, pointing on an abandoned wooden house with porch beautifully overgrown with plants and leaves, like from those fairy tales. Windows were blocked by dirty, old wooden planks. Right next to it was a huge lake and a small fireplace.
(The picture on the beginning)

"Damn. It's quite nice here." Clementine said, admiring the house. She looked around if the house had any holes, how many windows it had, and the second exit. Just in case, don't blame her.

Louis was at the back and found a motorcycle overgrown with old lianas.
'Is it what I think it is?!' he thought to himself, getting excited. He pulled them off of the motorcycle, but the thing was broken. "Shit. There's nothing I can do with it..."

Clem and James were standing in front of the door on the porch. She put her ear on the door to make sure nobody was in there. She then looked through a window, but couldn't really see anything.

"Step back," she told James and kicked the door, but they haven't opened. She raised one eyebrow in confusion and tried kicking them again.
"Can I try something?" James asked annoyed. Clementine shrugged and let him did it, still confused about why it didn't work. He stared her deeply into eyes and just opened the door.

"Oh...Thanks." she snickered, feeling embarrassed and awkward. James nodded at her, the corners of his lips shaping in a small smile on his face.

Clem pulled out her knife and got into a fighting position, luckily nobody seemed to be home. Right as they opened the door, there were stairs to the second floor. Right next to it was a nice not-so-old kitchen with a dining table with only two chairs. Then there was this small living room with one sofa, TV and some bookshelves. Everything was clear down there, no signs of food or medicine.

On the second floor, there was a bathroom and next to it was a bedroom. Louis went to the bathroom first. In the bathroom was a sink, toilet, bathtub, and some shelves. He searched the shelves, and there was a first aid kit, pads, and some more medicine.