Chapter Two

I'm sure some of you might recognize the guy from the picture above, but if you don't then let me tell you it's Paul Marron, aka, our Lucien, aka, Lothaire from Kresley Cole's wonderful Immortals After Dark series. If you haven't read the series yet then you guys are seriously missing out and you need to go and read it! I'm a huge fan of that awesome author. Anyways, I was thinking who needs a hero when you've got such a sexy villain, right? Lol, don't worry Trisha will definitely get her hero...eventually! ;)

Oh, and before I forget, this chapter is dedicated to Kikididikikikiki. I'd just published the Prologue of Alpha and was wondering if anyone would even like it when she reached out to me and told me that my story would be a good read once completed, thus successfully giving me the motivation to write my first chapter. Girl, you rock!

                                                                               ***

Trisha

The bed creaked beneath me as I turned yet again on my left. One and a half-hour has passed away with me doing nothing but tossing and turning over and over on the bed allotted to me. One and a half-hour since Paul had dumped me here like a burden he couldn't wait to get rid of.

One and a half ago, when Paul brought me up the building, I was near afraid at what I might find but knowing I couldn't do anything but follow him in silence. My body was numb with still in shock and my mind reeling with everything Lucien had told me about when I caught the scent of strange wolves. At first I thought, it must be the she-wolves Lucien told me about but then I caught the slight but unmistakable sound of heartbeats, which meant there must be more than twelve she-wolves, I figured Lucien kept guards in the place to look after his precious "assets", after all, he wouldn't want any of us running away. Damn! I was thinking I could try to run away once that idiot dumped me here. But guess that won't be happening anytime soon.

Once I hit the sack, I couldn't stop my thoughts from taking over. I kept thinking about everything Lucien told me, mainly I was still in shock that my Alphas got exiled because of me, not that there was any love lost. My main concern was my parents. Lucien told me many things, gave me a lot of information, some even unwanted like how fuckable he finds me, but what he didn't told me about was my parents. I don't even know if they're even alive or...

I couldn't even bring myself to finish my thoughts. When I was on my run, this thought concerned me the most, ate me up and kept me awake at night like it was doing now. They don't deserve this, hell I don't deserve any of this. What was their fault, huh? That they bore a baby girl instead of a baby boy and that they dared to protect the said girl? Is it a crime to protect your child? If they died because of me then I'll never be able to forgive myself.

As I turned yet again, my thoughts took me over to what was going to happen next. I laid there as I heard the sound of crickets outside in the quiet, the sound of the clock ticking, my doom coming closer and closer.

Will Lucien truly sell me? Sell all the innocent she-wolves whose only fault was to run to save their lives? Like I did. Of course, he will! Who am I kidding? I've always known the reputation rogues carry. He will sell us without a single thought and something inside me tells me that he won't even lose a wink of sleep over it. What shocked me more was what he told me about the council. I've always known that the Lycan council can be ruthless but I never once thought that they would go as far ahead as to enlist rogues to do their dirty work.

I sighed as I again turned to my left. 'Lycan council', I thought to myself, 'I always knew how vicious and pitiless they could be when it came to enforcing rules and their King's law. Nobody knows who's the lesser evil, the King or the Council. I grew up listening to stories of their cold and merciless acts. My mom always used to tell me that they were a law unto themselves. The King makes the law but the council enforces it and they could be severe while doing it. I never once thought that I would be unlucky enough to get a live show of their savagery and brutality but as fate would have it, here I am!'